Active Topics

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
It also depends what you use as your standard for comparison. If the standard is another Nokia phone then you probably right that people feel no problems. But if you compare with iPhone or Lumia, the difference in smoothness and lagginess are as clear as.day and night. N9 is a nice try, and despite the fact that i like it and have several in my possession, it lacks the basics of modern UIs, smoothness, lack of stuttering and seamless transitions.
Swore to never write in cancer threads again, but...

lacks basics of modern UIs??????????????
ffs Lumiaman, if by modern you mean screens with icons from iPhone/droid... sure, but modern does not equal good in this sense.
N9 IS the modern UI, elegant, easy and quick. Forget the lower left back button of WP, this is a PITA to use. All thumb-controlled, you cannot get much user-friendlier than that.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
Its not so much as misinformation but different experiences in different...countries. The n9 owners in the Malaysia forums only have lag issues if its set to 30 min auto update. Other than one or 2 sim tray problem, smooth to use.
So far,(more than 10 yrs)nokia devices always work fine in call and internet connection.
People are having legitimate complaints in every country and for each build (Chinese or Finnish) that I've seen so far.

Blaming it on a particular country... folly at best. I have a Chinese built Australian version N9 and I have an Finnish built Dubai N9. They both have lag when updating the messages (be it email, Twitter or news feed) and that's before I had used N9 Quick Tweak.

Lag exists. It's not as bad as some folks are saying, but it's there on certain tasks or certain things.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
People are having legitimate complaints in every country and for each build (Chinese or Finnish) that I've seen so far.

Blaming it on a particular country... folly at best. I have a Chinese built Australian version N9 and I have an Finnish built Dubai N9. They both have lag when updating the messages (be it email, Twitter or news feed) and that's before I had used N9 Quick Tweak.

Lag exists. It's not as bad as some folks are saying, but it's there on certain tasks or certain things.
I've found that lag is due to twitter caching so much. QAD Cleaner or cache cleaner makes a huge difference.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post

The other poster was saying N9 is very laggy, as in super laggy. Plus most of the owners in this forum are from US, where n9 is not officially released. I noticed US owners here had the most problems,even some that I hv never heard or experience before in many yrs owning Nokia devices. I'm saying it could be certain settings. Or regular user who dunno that n9 does multitasking.

Sure there is lag but not like cannot load webpages or open apps for 5 min. If N9 performance they complain lagging,dunno what they will say abt n8 or c7 before Belle. Aft listening to so many ppl comments, lag is up to one's experience. I hv had friends with Samsung S2 who complain its lagging, which I find weird as S2 is dual core.

Read these forums. It's not just US owners having probs. Read the (when you could actually still submit to it) error and bug reports.

Not solely from Americans owners either.

Point the finger as much as you wish based off of your incredibly limited exposure to N9 owners with issues; you are as myopic and disillusioned as the person you were commenting about.

Pls take note it's in terms of percentage, where got I say it's solely US owners? From the polls in this forum, the US owners are either the highest number or 2nd highest. So, the higher percentage of those having problems will naturally be the US owners. I thought this is already naturally understood, at least in the other international forums I go to they do, perhaps they are used to Asian lingo of English

Pls dont think/get sensitive that we just simply shoot at US owners. That person got angry(in Asian context that's getting angry) when the other Msian replied. And make it sound like 95% of N9 owners have that long list of issues, aiyoo.

I do read the n9 section in Nokia Support Discussions regularly. And do actual market study on consumer products.

I think in general most of the people who own an n9 and are on these forums are VERY forgiving....maybe it's just a love of open source, or the nostalgia of the n900 has still got them enchanted but this phone has MANY MANY problems. Lag is the least of the worries with it I think I've mentioned before.
These days I have no patience for products that don't 'just work' the n9 is one of those to me. I'm happy for those that haven't encountered problems, that's great to hear.
I do think it ironic when ppl on here hate on android then are all excited when ICS gets ported. Just get an android, it's the best...by far

The N9 has some problems, however I think those are mostly the result of a lack of commitment from nokia. For example the update 1.1 as well as 1.2 introduced some really nasty bugs, which would not have happened if the developers had enough manpower to properly test their releases. IMO it clearly shows the n9 is not at the center of nokia's smartphone strategy right now.

I'm sure the developers working on N9 updates are doing a great job considering the situation they are in.

Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
Pls take note it's in terms of percentage, where got I say it's solely US owners? From the polls in this forum, the US owners are either the highest number or 2nd highest. So, the higher percentage of those having problems will naturally be the US owners. I thought this is already naturally understood, at least in the other international forums I go to they do, perhaps they are used to Asian lingo of English

Pls dont think/get sensitive that we just simply shoot at US owners. That person got angry(in Asian context that's getting angry) when the other Msian replied. And make it sound like 95% of N9 owners have that long list of issues, aiyoo.

I do read the n9 section in Nokia Support Discussions regularly. And do actual market study on consumer products.
wherever you may be, the reason Americans complain is because they are very discriminating consumers. They demand perfection. This demand for perfection led to rise of iPhone and Android. Nokia was abusing the third world with their inferior products for way too long. But the world likes American perfection, hence so many iphone and Android users all over the world. Now you understand.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
wherever you may be, the reason Americans complain is because they are very discriminating consumers. They demand perfection. This demand for perfection led to rise of iPhone and Android. Nokia was abusing the third world with their inferior products for way too long. But the world likes American perfection, hence so many iphone and Android users all over the world. Now you understand.
There's perfection and there's the illusion of perfection. What's better in your opinion a phone that does 5-6 things very well or a phone that will do anything you throw at it? Your igoldencage is still a cage and android is far from being perfect or else people wouldn't make a ****load of costum roms. So please please stop spamming and go eat at McDonalds and get a taste of american pefrection.

Tags
backdoors, buysomethinelse, danrantos, goodbye nokia, lumiadork, lumiaturd, nsa_cia_lumia, seasons in sun