Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by specc View Post
I tend to agree with you on that. But look at Samsung, their arrogance towards customers regarding updates on their devices is beyond anything Nokia has ever done. Then look at Apple and their profit margins. The arrogance is out of this world, or the stupidity of the customers is out of this world for paying many times over for their products, can't really decide, maybe both are true.

I don't think arrogance is what kills a company, they are all arrogant in some way or the other. If the product is good, we can live happily with the arrogance, but if the product starts to be mediocre, the arrogance only piss us off.
The mitigating and ironic element of Samsung's arrogance is that for all the lack of updating that they're accused of, they're very willing to leave their devices very open to hacking and updates and are one of the better platforms for things like AOSP (CyanogenMod for example) as well as kanging (AOKP for example). Thus far, the responses I've gotten from Nokia regarding opening up even the old devices like my Nokia N800 are 'too bad.' You can't even get drivers to compile a new kernel against. Not having that problem with Samsung so far. I'm okay with that level of 'arrogance' from Samsung. Hell--I'm debating whether or not I feel like throwing ICS (Android 4.0 with a NEW 3.x kernel) on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 that I've had for well over a year and a half now. I can't even get drivers that can compile with a new kernel for my N800 much less even just get the media player or other Nokia apps to get opened up. THAT sort of arrogance in addition to the crappy and insulting customer service is what stopped my from spending my money on any more Nokia Maemo/MeeGo devices until I saw a turn-around of those experiences. Thus far, I haven't seen any turn around. In fact, it's only seemed to have gotten worse and more insulting to customers.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
backdoors, buysomethinelse, danrantos, goodbye nokia, lumiadork, lumiaturd, nsa_cia_lumia, seasons in sun