Active Topics

It was recorded by build-in mic. Active means gsm online. I didn't test recording during making call yet.
It's strange, because none of my N900 doesn't do that clicking noise. Maybe is it some hardware issue? I don't know. You can also ask at freenode irc channel #maemo https://webchat.freenode.net/

Could you, please, explain how to use gstreamer to test quality of recording. And what quality means - parameters of recordng (for example - sample frequency) or levels, oversteering etc.?
Let's make two files (record your voice each time). First file will have 8kHz sample frequency and second 44.1kHz. Probably both will have the same depth 12bits or what N900 sound card has.
Code:
gst-launch-0.10 -e pulsesrc device=source.record ! audio/x-raw-float,channels=1 ! audioconvert ! nokiaaacenc bitrate=64000 output-format=0 ! hantromp4mux ! audio/x-m4a ! filesink location=/home/user/MyDocs/audio_source_record.m4a
gst-launch-0.10 -e pulsesrc device=source.voice ! audio/x-raw-float,channels=1 ! audioconvert ! nokiaaacenc bitrate=64000 output-format=0 ! hantromp4mux ! audio/x-m4a ! filesink location=/home/user/MyDocs/audio_source_voice.m4a
I'm sure, you'll immediately notice difference in quality. But if you want measure noise level, you can use audacity for example. It'll give you noise level in dB - one parameter of sound quality.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ontime For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ontime View Post
It's strange, because none of my N900 doesn't do that clicking noise. Maybe is it some hardware issue? I don't know. You can also ask at freenode irc channel #maemo https://webchat.freenode.net/
As I wrote before, there are also other people who have the same problem. I see that you are experienced user of N900, so maybe you know how to test hardware of it without using external service devices. And how to check if my model is OK. I have heard of many N900's that are "refubrished" ones.

The Following User Says Thank You to NotMicro For This Useful Post:

Tags
audio recording, nokia n900