Active Topics

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
And how exactly this ssh remote login works if i have windows machine and N900 behind same NAT?

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ NE UK
Windows presents no problem, (google putty.exe) but of course being behind NAT presents problems that you can't easily get around (without reconfiguring the NAT device, or fiddling with VPNs, etc.)

But the point was not "always do top via ssh", it was rather "say whether you're doing top via ssh".

I guess that's a "no", in your case

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
what i meant by behind same nat is that there is no restrictions with connection between computer and n900

I have similar problems with the battery after the firmware update.

I've noticed the battery drains quicky when I'm in an area of bad cell reception (data and / or voice)

Anyone know if the data and/or voice radio is reflected in the running processes or does Nokia have a separate process that does not show up as a maemo process?

For my case, my CPU utilization is within general utilization rate based on what I read in this thread and my battery drainage seems to be very bad if the phone is left in an area of bad reception. Hence the question...

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by slender View Post
what i meant by behind same nat is that there is no restrictions with connection between computer and n900
1. Install putty for windows from here - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~s.../download.html

2. Install openssh client/server package for N900 from extras repository, during installation you'll pick a root password

3. Configure putty with the private IP of N900. Login as root with the password selected in step 2.

The Following User Says Thank You to dsawhney For This Useful Post:
For those of you staring at battery percentages: ever tried charging from near-empty for an hour, then disconnected the charger?
Have fun watching the meter climb for a few minutes even if nothing is supplying power

Regarding reboots, they reset the meter so it just makes an educated guess.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by shadowjk View Post
Have fun watching the meter climb for a few minutes even if nothing is supplying power
That is normal. My pretty old Palm m500 has the same with it's LiON battery.

Some training is needed after full charge and it has sense to keep battery on charge sometime even after you get a green light.

maybe it has been said before (but could not find it), in my case I experience a fast battery drain when my n900 is connected to wifi and the settings for network location by means of a location server is active.