Hi, Will my N810 (OS 2008) work with this?

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-UBRH-B.../dp/B000EW66G6

I am thinking about getting it to stream music via Canola to my stereo.

Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
should do, but in mono over headset profile, not stereo as it doesn't look like that thing supports A2DP. But then neither does the n8x0 by default, yet.

So it would be mono and not stereo? Is there any way to get stereo sound over bluetooth?

Originally Posted by mrlanrat View Post
So it would be mono and not stereo? Is there any way to get stereo sound over bluetooth?
Read this thread in full.

It is a hack to setup A2DB bluetooth support (i.e. stereo audio over BT), but with pretty serious CPU performance hogs.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
As stated, it is possible to get A2DP working with OS2008.

Nokia hadn't quite finished the A2DP bluetooth profile when the last OS came out, so finishing it [or rather, getting it to a usable state] is a bit of a hack.

Unfortunately, even with the hack, only mplayer based applications will be able to redirect your audio stream to the bluetooth device. For the time being, at least.

** edit: I'll point out that A2DP is a bluetooth audio profile for high-quality bi-directional sound [aka, it supports microphones too] and according to the scosche site [located here it supports A2DP [and never mentions anything else].

A drawback of A2DP in it's current iteration is the fact that it puts a high CPU demand on the device, meaning your battery time will be reduced. In a car, if you have a charger, this problem is likely lessened, but it is something to consider.

Last edited by azemute; 2008-04-17 at 14:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to azemute For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by azemute View Post
Unfortunately, even with the hack, only mplayer based applications will be able to redirect your audio stream to the bluetooth device. For the time being, at least.
Technically, it's programs that use ALSA. Which means in addition to mplayer, xmms can also be set to use bluetooth. I think there's another one that people haven't picked up on which I'm gonna look into

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Technically, it's programs that use ALSA. Which means in addition to mplayer, xmms can also be set to use bluetooth. I think there's another one that people haven't picked up on which I'm gonna look into
True enough, I was just trying to simplify things

Any application that can specify a particular audio output path to alsa should be able to output to the bluetooth device.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by azemute View Post
True enough, I was just trying to simplify things

Any application that can specify a particular audio output path to alsa should be able to output to the bluetooth device.
Fair enough

That's true but I don't think we are in a abundance of them

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Since my attempt at hijacking this skype thread hasn't worked , and since this thread seems much more on topic, maybe I'll try here .

I'd like to buy this iTech Clip IIs headset. Primarily because it's cheap (I can get it for about $30 CDN) & it should do everything I want - reportedly supports AD2P & voice calls & uses ear-buds (I need the ear-buds, I can't stand anything pressing against my earlobes for long periods). Quality for me isn't as important as I suffer from minor hearing loss & can't distinguish a lot of subtle differences anyways. Does anyone have any experience with it? Will I be able to listen to mono music out of both sides until AD2P is officially supported? And will I be able to use it for Skype calls as well? tx
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
I don't suggest playing with the A2DP hacks unless you are willing to dig deep and put up with the caveats. If you simply want to get stereo over BT then you might be disappointed. Much easier to plugin a cable and it sounds way better anyway. I hope they get this working and hope they have used the work already done by folks around here.