Closed Thread
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by specc View Post
what exactly is a taliban phone?
A phone that doesn't give you the outrageous liberty to change your own ringtone

Nokia's stock value -7% again.
http://www.nasdaq.com/aspx/els.aspx?...D&symbol=NOK1V

WP-tragedy is well earned.

http://www.asymco.com/2011/02/11/in-...bile-partners/

They should fire Elop and make a real PlanB.

A good thing is, everyone sees Microsoft does not belong to mobile world. Every time it tries, it makes catastrophes and ruins companies which have strategic alliance with Microsoft.

A good thing is, everyone sees Microsoft does not belong to mobile world. Every time it tries, it makes catastrophes and ruins companies which have strategic alliance with Microsoft.
Maybe because it is intentional, at least in part? Microsoft doesn't want or need a new market segment that is a competitor for Windows+Office. If they can dominate this new market segment like they dominate desktop PC's -- all the better, but they'll gladly settle for destroying mobile computing if it comes to that.

Originally Posted by tkatchev View Post
If they can dominate this new market segment like they dominate desktop PC's -- all the better, but they'll gladly settle for destroying mobile computing if it comes to that.
This was mentioned before in this thread, yet Nokia doesn't realize this conflict of interest.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by specc View Post
what exactly is a taliban phone?
phones that no one will buy in developed world

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
check this.out: http://blogs.wsj.com/tech-europe/201...n-rd/?mod=e2tw

no wonder Nokia went with MS

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
This was mentioned before in this thread, yet Nokia doesn't realize this conflict of interest.
MS can not destroy the mobile market which will outgrow the desktop market very soon, I believe they would even give up their desktop dominance for a big chunk of the mobile one that's why they ruined windows by making win 8 o horrible hybrid of desktop and tablet interface which imo will be their train to becoming irrelevant

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
phones that no one will buy in developed world
OK, you mean BB, Motorola and WP.

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
check this.out: http://blogs.wsj.com/tech-europe/201...n-rd/?mod=e2tw

no wonder Nokia went with MS
Man, you totally love iPhones, don´t you?
You´re actually not a WP sheep but a proper iSheep...everytime some comparison or competing between platforms comes up around here, you´re always bringing up stuff about iPhone.
What´s the barrier, though?
Why don´t you throw away all your Nokia "dumbphones" and get at least 15 overpriced, white-gayish iPhones 4s, so you´ll be satisfied forever and ever?
It´s totally clear that you´re not actually a Lumiaman, you´re just another iSheep, exactly the same as I see everywhere I go in a developed world...

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Both WP and NOKIA have plenty of cash to sustain a long fight.
Well, I and some analysts beg to differ (not that I give a lot about other analysts, but I give a lot about my own opinion ).

This is what Andy Perkins (Societe Generale) writes:

"We believe that to date most attention has been focused on Nokia’s deteriorating handset position. However, we are perhaps more concerned with the rapidly deteriorating cash position. Firstly, by excluding NSN from our calculations we find that the company actually went through over €900m in the first quarter alone. Secondly, we find that the handset division could burn though €1.6bn this year in operations. Thirdly, total handset restructuring costs could total €2bn over the next two years as the company has to downside rapidly. We reason that the extremely fast fall in revenues will require very large cash restructuring charges to reduce expenses in line with lower revenues. We now forecast an additional €2bn in charges for Nokia’s Device & Services business over the next two years. However, if Nokia follows a similar trajectory to Motorola, there could be a further substantial fall in sales with further restructuring. On our calculations, such an additional fall could be enough to burn through most of Nokia’s existing cash pile and even bring into question Nokia’s very survival. At the moment, this remains an alternative scenario to our base case, but it can’t be ignored.

And sorry that I talk about Nokia's stock (down another 5% scratching the $3 mark on the NYSE).

Closed Thread

Tags
goodbye nokia, investing, last quotes, lumiatard, samsung, specc=ericsson, stock, the elop flop, the flop elop, tizen