Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
to clarify a little bit:
WinPhone is intended for Nokias Smartphones. Boring, proved to sell well Smartphones.
But how can that be since S40 feature phones are more advanced in some regards than WP7.

The Following User Says Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
okay.. i think nokia's releasing this one 1st before our meego device.. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64ofW...&feature=feedu

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
(bit off topic but just to clear this up)
But bigger than Samsung??? Yeah right.
Seems no one really knows how big Samsung is. =P

[...]
AND THE WINNER IS....

don't want to sound like starting a pissing contest or anything but the Japanese industry is a little bit more complicated then that...

specifically was thinking of Mitsubishi group, but it isn't a "company" per se at the top level (only the managers of the top 28 companies affiliated with the group meeting every other Friday for a "chat".
but there are 430 companies affiliated worldwide... small cattle makes muck too, as the saying goes

anyway, eventually came across two lists
in both Samsung is indeed big, but not the biggest.

Fortune Global 500: 32th; only HP is a bigger electronic company (26th)
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortu...ist/index.html

Semiconductor sales leaders by year; 2nd, behind... Intel
(a wiki site, thus to be trusted w/ the usual caution...)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worldwi..._for_year_2010

Last edited by misterc; 2011-05-25 at 07:12.

That is so ugly its not even funny, why they don't hire a proven designer like Roberto Cavalli or Jean Paul Gaultier instead of the finish shepherd boy they use now.
And from the looks of it, its Symbian.

Originally Posted by chase15 View Post
okay.. i think nokia's releasing this one 1st before our meego device.. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64ofW...&feature=feedu

Originally Posted by joppu View Post
But how can that be since S40 feature phones are more advanced in some regards than WP7.
you know that, i know that and a few more on this site probably know that, but do the masses know?
(a couple years ago, the company i was working for went all m$ (installing v!$t0 32 bit on lappies w/ 4GB RAM and the like)
they also enforced Samsung (oeps, see previous post ) 780i w/ whatever wp was top then...
after less then a week, i went to a phone shop & bought a NOKIA 1208
i probably was the only one not complaining all the time about missed calls and the like )

Okay guys while we are waiting why not have some fun and this is a one for keeps
sleep+espeak+mouthpot=fun

Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
That is so ugly its not even funny, why they don't hire a proven designer like Roberto Cavalli or Jean Paul Gaultier instead of the finish shepherd boy they use now.
And from the looks of it, its Symbian.
because they still want it to be recognizable as a NOKIA phone.
they are not trying to make art that, o, can barely be used as phone too
function has to come 1st, thus they use one of their sleek phones & enhance the look & feel.

But this is a LUXURY smartphone, something between Vertu and your regular 200-500 euro device. My bet is this will go 1000 euro+ if not more, so they are trying to make art but failing at it.

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
because they still want it to be recognizable as a NOKIA phone.
they are not trying to make art that, o, can barely be used as phone too
function has to come 1st, thus they use one of their sleek phones & enhance the look & feel.

reading through 15 pages shows me the following:

99% of this thread are totally off topic, folks simply posting their opinion on remotely connected areas (marketing).

honestly: nobody cares.

it woud be far more constructive if people who actually have CONCERETE KNOWLEDGE about the topic at hand would post instead of others spamming around here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Raubtier For This Useful Post:
yeah but the lack of of teminal b default isnt promising (for us atleast) lets hope it is easily added and that it is the only thing they crippled and lets hope for a kind of reset port like the one on old palm os that physically disconnects reconnect the battery from the system cause on an open device needs a foolproof way to reboot
i cant count the times i yanked the battery playing alone with multiboot
let alone other apps
ps i think somebody might be able make uboot/multibook work without hw keyboard it could go something like vol+ =os 1
vol-=os 2 screen etc lets hope those buttons are as easy as the keyboard to load drivers at/before boot

Last edited by LTman; 2011-05-25 at 07:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LTman For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland