Originally Posted by fnordianslip View Post
The RAZR is the worst phone I've ever owned. The software sucked big time. I gave mine away while still in contract!
Were you an early adopter? I find the latest firmware very solid, but it did take a while to get here. I think I've had my RAZR about three years now and it's evolved nicely in my opinion.

This is one of these threads where I'm not sorry for being off topic.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@YoDude:

I don't know much about the RAZR... but did it have:

- Yearly OS update with significant new features?
- Appstore?
- Accessories for these unique markets: health & medication, education, fitness, navigation, retail pos, and many more.

I think your analysis is incomplete. Yes, the market is fickle.. and trends do come and go, but don't underestimate nor misunderstand what's happening and hope you can get the best.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Apple released the iPhone just about the time those first contacts expired. I suspect a bell curve graph of both Razr and iPhone sales would line up pretty closely... both sales windows opening and closing two years apart.
Not correct. iphone products are still making plenty of money two years later.

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by fnordianslip View Post
The RAZR is the worst phone I've ever owned. The software sucked big time. I gave mine away while still in contract!
They gave me a RAZR, then a SLVR. None of those phones lasted more than a day with me. I hated it immensely.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Yes, there is not much difference between Canadians and much of the US (except for the French Canadians in Quebec).
Sure, we're pretty much the same, except for our totally different health care systems, legal systems, educational standards, political leanings, religious leanings, approach to multiculturalism, spellings of the English language...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
Sure, we're pretty much the same, except for our totally different health care systems, legal systems, educational standards, political leanings, religious leanings, approach to multiculturalism, spellings of the English language...
Eh, you're just cold Californians.

Originally Posted by TenSpeed View Post
should add better beer while you're at it. but we're talking tech here - not politics.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Okay, as tech goes, you are correct - similar standards (CDMA, strange 3G), similar prices/penetration, etc.

Great, now I'm thinking about beer. Gotta go.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Not correct. iphone products are still making plenty of money two years later.
Understood, and that's where the "raise expectations" part comes in.

The iPhone raised the expectations of users and captured customer loyalty in the process. It also raised the expectations of the industry with regards to the amount of money users will spend for apps by making the iTunes experience as easy and trouble free as it has. However, studying the cycles of newly added subscriptions and provider TOS in North America is/was just as important to Apple, or any other manufacturer imho.

...and btw, we are all entitled to our opinions. However, starting off a reply stating that an opinion is not correct without providing supporting information or at the very least asking for some clarification, sometimes rubs people the wrong way and leads to flame wars.

It didn't hurt my feelings any but then again, we all know each other here. I'm just guessing now but, in the next few months we could be seeing quite a few new members who may react differently.

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
...and btw, we are all entitled to our opinions. However, starting off a reply stating that an opinion is not correct without providing supporting information or at the very least asking for some clarification, sometimes rubs people the wrong way and leads to flame wars.
whether

"a bell curve graph of both Razr and iPhone sales would line up pretty closely... both sales windows opening and closing two years apart."

is a factual matter, not an opinion

You should have been happy all I did was correct the mistake for the benefit of others. iphone continues to be a huge runaway sales success in the mobile industry and I could have poked fun at you for being soooo wrong and so ignorant, but I didn't...