Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
This forum is going be flooded with posts claiming "meego sucks" by noobs who don't know how to search the Internet to find that this is a barebones developer release.
You can see this coming a "mile off".

I posted this

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
This forum is going be flooded with posts claiming "meego sucks" by noobs who don't know how to search the Internet to find that this is a barebones developer release.
so, zero tolerance in these n00bz that come here to disturb peace? should there be some sticky threads or something (which will probably be read by the same people that use the search box)

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
so, zero tolerance in these n00bz that come here to disturb peace? should there be some sticky threads or something (which will probably be read by the same people that use the search box)
It's been said numerous times the MeeGo release is a "Developer's" release and will not be ready for prime-time!

When "noobz" do state the obvous then direct them to this.

I'm all for noobz asking questions which may be obvious to some of us so politely dirrect them to the above link.

Last edited by johnel; 2010-03-25 at 12:26.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by kdrozd View Post
From Reggie Suplido tweets:

#MeeGo 1.0 in May, 1.1 in October, 6 months cadence from thereon

#MeeGo Day 1 is March 31st.
I posted an article about a Nokia Press Conference on Monday here at Sao Paulo / Brazil, where Anssi Vanjoki told that N900 will arrive to our country in about 3 months using Meego, not Maemo. Most answer called it a sensationalist post... I even emailed the journalist and he confirmed the information with Nokia Brazil to be sure. If Meego 1.0 is scheduled for May, it would be feasible at least...

The original thread with the translated article: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=48124

Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
I should probably point out that I consider newbies/newbs and n00bies/n00bs/n00bz to be two different categories. I can tolerate newbies, I can't tolerate n00bies.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
...patching the current Maemo 5 kernel and it is too late for PR 1.2. Maybe less elegant solutions are available before, maybe the elegant solution comes soon... We don't know yet and currently we have other priorities. As said, not even for the average developer these first unstable releases are interesting enough to maintain a dual boot in their devices.
BIG OT: When PR1.2 is going to be out?

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
I posted an article about a Nokia Press Conference on Monday here at Sao Paulo / Brazil, where Anssi Vanjoki told that N900 will arrive to our country in about 3 months using Meego, not Maemo. Most answer called it a sensationalist post... I even emailed the journalist and he confirmed the information with Nokia Brazil to be sure. If Meego 1.0 is scheduled for May, it would be feasible at least...

The original thread with the translated article: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=48124
It has been known for weeks now that MeeGo in some form will run on the N900, confirmed by Valtteri Halla's Towards day 1 blog post. That's one reason why some may have seen it as sensationalist. The other is that you didn't specify whether you understand that there are many things that could be referred to as MeeGo, some of them of no interest to the vast majority of people reading the thread. It's kind of essential to make the distinction when discussing anything MeeGo. It may well be that Vanjoki was referring to to this "code dump" version. I can promise you I'll eat a hat full of sh** if N900 comes to Brazil in May running anything else than Maemo 5 out of the box.

of course if russo_br turns out to be correct and the N900 comes with Meego in Brazil in 3 months time he should be buying me my lottery tickets

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
I just came to answer to N900 users.

If you have questions about the MeeGo release itself then the place for that is meego.com. Said that, you can wait 6 days and see for yourselves. We are in full production sprint and the last we need is a potential discussion behind every technical detail we disclose.

Also this is not a domesticated release that you have frozen a while ago and has gone through lengthy bugfixing. Packages come, packages go, features come in, some things break, some fixes come... If you have been in this phase of development you know what I'm talking about.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Also this is not a domesticated release that you have frozen a while ago and has gone through lengthy bugfixing. Packages come, packages go, features come in, some things break, some fixes come... If you have been in this phase of development you know what I'm talking about.

I haven't been here before.

My interpreation is along the lines of "Here be dragons". So really only territory for knights with shining armour and white chargers. The rest of us have to wait a while or we'll end up toast.