Guys, any idea for my problem? Is still unsolved, i have stuttering playing video, scrolling webpage and recording a video

d!

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Claremont (LA), California
I upgraded to the latest release of the power kernel (I'm running 1.2.6.28-10power49 of the flasher, and 2012-02-07 14.24 of the settings and overclocker) and it has something wrong with it; all of a sudden things that used to work perfectly are running horribly slowly, and my battery is getting eaten at a truly scary rate.

This only happens on some boots; sometimes I reboot and life is (kind of) OK; other times it's disastrous. On one reboot it was so bad that after I made a phone call, I couldn't even get back to the desktop screens!

Top doesn't show a horrible load average (currently about 1.0 with pulseaudio as the usual culprit), but the performance is still awful.

The obvious thing to do is to revert to the previous settings. However, I'm not quite sure how to get Faster Application Manager (or the default app manager) to do that; any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by thedarkus View Post
I did what you said, freemangordon, but the problem is still unsolved. Stuttering everywhere, using camera to record movie, playing divx with any player, scrolling webpages and sometimes scrolling app menu too.

Is strange, 'cos all was working fine for the first 3 days, than, after a reboot, this problem jumped out.

I have to tell you that watching a divx, it stutters regullary every 2-3 secs. And, despite the stutters seen on the screen while recording, the resulting file recorded play smooth on other devices, so the file is ok. Oh, and while recording the stutters is regualary every 2-3 secs too!

This is all that I can tell you to add additional information. If you want, I can post here other logs, everything needed to diagnose the problem. Also applicationlist too, but i don't think that an app is responsable for the problem, they were all already installed before the problem rised, and all was working fine

I'm sorry freemangordon, as told you before in this 3d I am a new addicted to linux world, so I prefer to solve a problem than flash the device, I think this is the only way to learn something useful (for me and for the community too). I keep the reflash as my last hope, 'cos in the weekend I will have to travel a lot by train, and i want use my device to watch some movies ^^

As usual, a big thank you for your support

d!
Well, do yourself a favor and remember what did you change/install/remove/whatever before the issue appear. The kernel/device behaviour does not change out of the blue so there MUST be something you've done. Also you may want to install syslog and check for suspicious messages in /var/log/syslog.

Have in mind that I've never told you to directly tweak /etc/pmconfig . Anyway, you can revert /etc/pmconfig to stock and check if the issue you have is because of the overclocking and/or SR.

If the above does not result in issue resolution, just re-flash the ***** and start over.

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Well, do yourself a favor and remember what did you change/install/remove/whatever before the issue appear. The kernel/device behaviour does not change out of the blue so there MUST be something you've done. Also you may want to install syslog and check for suspicious messages in /var/log/syslog.

Have in mind that I've never told you to directly tweak /etc/pmconfig . Anyway, you can revert /etc/pmconfig to stock and check if the issue you have is because of the overclocking and/or SR.

If the above does not result in issue resolution, just re-flash the ***** and start over.

Last thing I did before the problem started, was installing Sygic Mobile Maps application. I Ever had that app installed and never had a problem with it.

Btw, reverted to the original configuration in pmconfig right now, rebooted, this did'n help solving my issues.

There's a way to take a look at all the modules, drivers and app loaded during the boot?

d!

anybody please help. i have multiboot installed with nitdroid. also i have h-e-n installed with kernel bfs bootimg(only bootimg). i have 3 options in multiboot. 1.nokia default kernel 2. kernel bfs bootimg 3. nitdroid. so i want to know is it safe to install kernel power 49 for me? the bootimg is already not installable. i am with cssu(T) .please help. thanks in advance.

hi guys,
i hope someone could help me. I want give a try with 500 as minfreq but neither pmconfing or kernelfconfig seems work. I change the value but it just return to 250 after a couple minutes. pmconfig remains showing 500 but conky reveals that 250 is used too. kernelfconfig shows 125 as min althougth its on avoid freq as well. what am i missing ? Just another thing: is it normal the ram memory use NEVER works under 60 % ?
thanks in advance.

edit: sorry My bad... i just see at the uptime that my device had a espontaneus reboot and i didnt see that. I changed the value again and everything works now.
sorry again !

Last edited by saponga; 2012-02-09 at 23:35.

Ok guys, i didn't solved my issues, and tomorrow i'll have to travel a lot by train, so I'm going to reflash my device.

Can I install PK49 without settings and modules? I mean using terminal

apt-get install kernel-power-flasher kernel-power

without typing nothing related to settings and modules

I think I'll still have the chance to overclock the device editing pmconfig file, right?

d!

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by thedarkus View Post
Ok guys, i didn't solved my issues, and tomorrow i'll have to travel a lot by train, so I'm going to reflash my device.

Can I install PK49 without settings and modules? I mean using terminal

apt-get install kernel-power-flasher kernel-power

without typing nothing related to settings and modules

I think I'll still have the chance to overclock the device editing pmconfig file, right?
You'll need the modules to be able to actually boot with KP49, but you're probably okay without the settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
ok Rob1n, so this eill my install string

>_
sudo gainroot
apt-get install kernel-power-flasher kernel-power kernel-power-modules

Thank you so much

d!

Originally Posted by mukeshpark682 View Post
anybody please help. i have multiboot installed with nitdroid. also i have h-e-n installed with kernel bfs bootimg(only bootimg). i have 3 options in multiboot. 1.nokia default kernel 2. kernel bfs bootimg 3. nitdroid. so i want to know is it safe to install kernel power 49 for me? the bootimg is already not installable. i am with cssu(T) .please help. thanks in advance.
nobody? please? also i can overclock with just kernel bfs bootimg. is it normal?

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou