Notices

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by generationally View Post
Eh, easy with the hammering now. That setting is actually not there anymore
Hmm. I have it there... 0.9.5-1

.edit
Looks like I can hammer myself :|
http://maemo.org/packages/view/cutetube/

Actually it was first things I checked when internal player was introduced. Give options, options, options and options and you will be successful

Last edited by slender; 2010-12-05 at 18:12.

@marxian

Updated to your 0.9.6-1 version. Unfortunately, the internal player some-times doesnt play the videos well (quite jerky video). Here is one example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-OqKWXirsU. The video is returned for the search string "Best commercial ever".

Could i make a feature request as well. Can you given a option to copy the url of the video in 'long press' menu video list. That way it will be easy to paste the url for sharing.

Keep up the good work!

PS: Ok, i was able to play the above video fine after i restarted cute-tube. It seems there is some memory leak after having played few videos for a while. Cutetube was consuming about 30% memory after playing a few videos.

Last edited by rajil.s; 2010-12-05 at 21:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to rajil.s For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
Finally, a great app! Having just acquired the N8, would this port to that device? Any plans to do so?

Great app, a few requests...

1) option to have checkbox enabled on all videos to click for download. that way if there is a series you wish do download that has 10 10 minute segments, you can just check each one from the main search screen and then click download, as opposed to clicking each one individually and then hitting back, and finding the next one.

2) ability to play back downloaded videos directly from within the app (if that exists I missed it).

3) finally an option when not using wifi to have downloads and playback switch to 3g if available and then switch back to 2g if it was the default before playback, download.

Thanks again, youtube was really unusable before.

hmm.. 0.9.6-1 broke video playback. Now it just sits there after saying "Playing ... <videoname>"

I was happy with the previous version.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Hong Kong
I understand that you need to remove external video player option "to make the code easier to maintain, and provide uniformity of user experience"; however, some users depend on external player like me to remote control video playback using BT-watch (MBW-150 I'm using).

I've upgraded cuteTube to 0.9.6-2 already and will be happy using it.

If you can consider to bring back options of external players, I'd be even more happier

In any case, mega thanks for this great youtube client!!!

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
The next release will include the option of clearing all recent searches from the 'settings' window.
Tried the new release, and the feature is great.
Again, thanks for your great work!

The Following User Says Thank You to yin67 For This Useful Post:
no longer able to download 780p????

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Enhancement requests:
- Why send messages user about "Now playing video xyz" it makes me feel like OH REALLY Just as weird as Nokias own "Charger disconnected" ---> OH Really :P

- When hitting play it takes 1-3 seconds and there is no instant feedback to user that something is happening.

Bug
-While video is playing and you accidentally rotate device (give it someone else e.g.) it tries to rotate video but end result is somewhat weird minimized window.
-->Lock screen orientation while playing

And oh please if it is possible leave external player option there

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
In the current version, you can download upto 720p, but only the 'Mobile' and '480x270' streams will play on the device. In the next release, only the 'Mobile' and '480x270' streams will be available.
Oh, this would be bad. I understand your reasoning. But I used Saturday this lovely feature to download a video in high quality from youtube and moved the file via ssh to my Media Center and watched the Video at my television. It worked flawessly and I was really impressed. I thought I could use this cool feature more often in the future.

Remove the resolutions that are unplayable at the Device in the settings is a good idea to avoid confusion. But a small extra Button at the Download Dialog to get the video with a better resolution only for storage would be great.

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube