Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
And dun worry, you Italians are as European as it gets
Come si dice "stereotypes"?

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bulgaria
I am looking to buy a spare battery for my phone.
I liked this one:
Is it gonna fit on my n900, I am asking because It says - "Use for Nokia 5800" ??

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/nokia-b...-1320mah-22691

Thanks !

Last edited by M_Scofield; 2011-04-14 at 12:20.

Originally Posted by M_Scofield View Post
I liked this one:
Is it gonna fit on my n900, I am asking because It says - "Use for Nokia 5800" ??

Thanks !
Are you mad? Did you even read the dealextreme reviews of this battery? Heres a clue, they all said it is rubbish. Why would you want to buy it?

EASY MODE:

Read the FIRST post in this thread, then buy the 'SCUD' battery.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Thats really good post, but what i do is this:
1. Use the Battery to the full extend
2. Change the battery on the fly.(without restarting the phone)
3. Process takes exactly 7 seconds or even less.

I have 3 nokia batteries 1 original and 2 from ebay. The other 2 gave me almost equal capacity as the original.

I need to know how to check the exact 'mAh' the other two are giving.

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to greenflaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by greenflaw View Post

I have 3 nokia batteries 1 original and 2 from ebay. The other 2 gave me almost equal capacity as the original.

Thanks.
Do you suppose you are the only one who uses the battery to the full extent and changes the battery on the fly, taking 7 secs or less? I've been doing that with Nokia tablets for three years or so. The Scuds are the way to go evidence in this thread indicates.

But how do you change batteries on the fly without rebooting?

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Do you suppose you are the only one who uses the battery to the full extent and changes the battery on the fly, taking 7 secs or less? I've been doing that with Nokia tablets for three years or so. The Scuds are the way to go evidence in this thread indicates.

But how do you change batteries on the fly without rebooting?
You can hotswap on the N900. What you have to do is turn off anything which uses too much power (you'll want the power consumption not to go over what the charger can supply), plug the charger in, when it starts charging type "stop bme" as root in the terminal, you now have up to 32 seconds to hotswap before the charging circuit switches to low-power (100mA) autonomous charging, swap the battery the restart bme ("start bme" as root), lock/unlock screen to restore backlight.

As a warning I have had my N900 turn off before the 32 seconds time-out when doing this, so it's best doing as quick as possible just to be safe.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by greenflaw View Post

Thanks.
The only way you can check the exact 'mAh' value of the battery's are by doing discharge tests yourself, you can make your own and use a watch to calculate the mAh, (on this please do a google search on battery capacity measurement)
or you can get an RC-Charger (charger commonly used in the RC world, can normally charge all types of battery's and multi cell setups)
And as others have said, get the scuds then you don't need so many hotswap's, until better battery's are brought to my attention there are no better battery then the Scud.

M_Scofield: Don't expect to get a good battery for that price, i have not tested the one you link to, but have tested the cheaper (2.7$) and it was BAD, the one you link to i would put it at around 500mAh, which means that you would get less then half the usage out of it
So Again, Scud is the better choice, and it is really not expensive, of course you will have trouble getting only 1x scud, but believe me and others here, it is worth every $.

And in battery news.... no news, we are still waiting for better battery tech, like carbon nanotubes or Lithium Air.
Only battery waiting to be tested is the "1700mAh" which i don't have high hopes for.
And i will make the easy dual mod one of these days, have just been swamped with stuff lately, i have the battery's (2x scud),

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by M_Scofield View Post
I liked this one:

Thanks !
At least read the first post in the thread and you should be able to answer your own question.
Scud is undoubtedly the best battery to buy atm

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
And in battery news.... no news, we are still waiting for better battery tech, like carbon nanotubes or Lithium Air.
is this something thats been anounced. if so when we expecting it?
or is it just rumours?

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by tingu699 View Post
is this something thats been anounced. if so when we expecting it?
or is it just rumours?
well if you look to gizmag or other free-energy / tech news sites you will see whats new, the 2 i mentioned are just 2 out of approx 30 techs being researched / developed.

And there are many battery techs that offer recharge in times ranging from 30sec - 5minuts (full charge), the 30sec is the super-capacitors that are getting closer to the capacity of battery's.
The Lithium Air battery goes the other way and offers 2-10x capacity for either weight or size.
But Carbonnanotubes are the new thing, not only in battery's, go google it or just look to gizmag.

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-04-16 at 00:38.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc