Active Topics

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
Originally Posted by shuraizo View Post
Because it's kinda annoying when caller's voice gets transmitted to the car speaker
are you kidding? this is the main purpose of FMCarkit...

The Following User Says Thank You to cipper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shuraizo View Post
Just a suggestion :

Turn off FM transmitter whenever there's an incoming call.
Then turn it back on again once the call is done.
Can you implement this?

Because it's kinda annoying when caller's voice gets transmitted to the car speaker lol
I've looked into this annoying (and rightly so) problem... i too found the callers voice coming through the speakers. What you have to do is... listen carefully as it worked for me, go into your app manager, hit the uninstall button and scroll down untill you find FM Carkit and UNINSTALL IT YOU GOOOOOON!!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to natedog400 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
i dont know if anyone has experienced this but when i turn the carkit on and the called is routed through the fm transmitter, call volume is set to almost 1 and have to increase volume manually but this is only one time deal; the first call you receive or make after turning it on, would not do the second time and once you turn the carkit off and use regular earpiece you have to up the volume because it is set back to almost level 1.
There seems to be no mention of this problem which everyone should be experiencing? I've been usin carkit for a few days now and its probably the best app avaiable and i'm well pleased with it! Every call i make and recieve always cuts my music and plays again after the call so i have no requests whatsoever. I am experiencing the volume thing as mentioned above which isn't the end of the world but would be nice to see it fixed in a future update Once out the car and FM Carkit is all switched off, my in call volume is always turned right the way down for some reason? But like i said, not a major problem. As for having having carkit automatically switched on via fmtx widget requested earlier... i dissagree as if u have a passenger, you may not want them to hear your conversation whilst usin fm transmitter for ya tunes. Its only a couple of clicks to turn it on so it should stay the way it is... simple and very affective. Its almost perfect for me. Thank you Roeland

Last edited by natedog400; 2011-07-22 at 17:47.

Hi can this alsobe used on Nokia C7
and if so - please give a detail "how to"

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by gerhardbunk View Post
Hi can this alsobe used on Nokia C7
and if so - please give a detail "how to"
No it can not, Nokia C7 runs Symbian whereas Nokia N900 runs on Maemo. One running on windows lookalike system and the other linux. Capish?

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Planet Earth, sometimes
Wow, great app, been waiting a while for this, and didnt realise someone had finally figured out how to do this.

Thanks Roeland!

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
also check out friendly fm, it has code of fm car kit integrated and its a widget. so when it is on, it switches fm and car kit on. when off it switches fm off and car kit off. i generally use fm to listen to my songs on car radio hence for me friendly fm was better as I didn't want to push fm related buttons twice.

The Following User Says Thank You to mehulrajput For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Gent, Belgium
Maybe is it a bug, but FM carkit sends all of my sound to the speakers, not only calls. Very weird, the description says 'fm-carkit routes the call sound through the fm transmitter when a call is made or received.'

But the sounds of songs, GPS, ... is al send to my car speakers, is this normal behaviour?

Because it destroys the point of this app.

Originally Posted by carharttguy View Post
Maybe is it a bug, but FM carkit sends all of my sound to the speakers, not only calls. Very weird, the description says 'fm-carkit routes the call sound through the fm transmitter when a call is made or received.'

But the sounds of songs, GPS, ... is al send to my car speakers, is this normal behaviour?

Because it destroys the point of this app.
Mine doesn't? Just the call gets routed for me. When u make or recieve a call, the transmitter sometimes stays on for a short time, if u play any media while the tranmitter is still on then yes, all sound transmitted. Either wait for it to go off or turn it off manually with FMTX widget or summot like that.

Hello,

this was lovely app, but I'm having an issue, i tunned my phone to the frequency of my car radio which is 100.6 (classic ) i can only use of radio speaker when i place my phone n900 attach to my car radio.
if i move i can hear my radio.

did anybody had this issue? can i have a fix please.

many thanks for your help