Notices

Posts: 678 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Jose CA
You should do a reset on the HAVA. Push the reset button for 10 sec (?). And then run the setup again until you get remote setup successfully.

The N8x0 only connects remotely that was also stated by Hava.

nhanquy,
Thanks for the reply.

I did find a glimmer of hope in this post by Greyghost.
" Half an hour after that and I was watching the Daily Show on my N810 in the garage "

This sounds promising.
Any thoughts ?

Speedy

Hi Again,

Can anyone clarify the difference between Remote and Local connections as far as the Hava is concerned ?

I think...
Remote : Connecting to my Hava box from a hotel room, Starbucks, or any external WiFi.

Local: Connecting to my Hava box from within my own 192.168.... network.

Thanks in advance.
Speedy

I do not think there is any difference.
I use it at home with my N810 and while it does connect through the remote access (not using the local network IP) it works smoothly and I have full access to my DVR from everywhere.
The quality is great and there is no delay whatsoever.

Originally Posted by SpeedyM View Post
Hi Again,

Can anyone clarify the difference between Remote and Local connections as far as the Hava is concerned ?

I think...
Remote : Connecting to my Hava box from a hotel room, Starbucks, or any external WiFi.

Local: Connecting to my Hava box from within my own 192.168.... network.

Thanks in advance.
Speedy
You are correct. Local connection is established by discovering within your own network; the PC doesn't need to query the the remote ( hava) server for the IP address of the Hava box. Meanwhile, the N8x0 can not do that locally; it has to go to the server to retrieve the IP of the Hava box which is sitting next to it!

BTW, on the PC you can do remote connect by selection. It helps to test the system out.

Before leaving the house and planning to use the N8x0; I always test the N8x0 to see if it could make a connection.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
HAVA PC Player>Player>Add/Select HAVA, this may allow you to select remote or local.

bun

Doesn't a remote connection only stream in mpeg4, whereas local streams at mpeg2. My understanding is the reason that the Nokia can't do local is because it can't handle the mpeg2's demands?

Thank you guys.
I plan on working on my new toy this evening, after work.

Some other questions::
Is tapping out the Hava ID absolutely necessary? It's a gigantic string of hex digits. Seems I read somewhere either enter the Have Player Name or Hava ID ? Which works best ?

The Hava Player Name. Should I use the default name "Local Hava Connect" or "HAVAMONSOON" that I see on my routers' IP table listing ?

Sorry for all the questions.
Hopefully this thread will aid others in the future.
Many Thanks.
SpeedyM

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I just came across this deal -- Hava Titanium at Buy.com for $91.24 with free shipping. If this is a desirable model for NITs -- I don't know as I'm not into TV stuff or HAVA -- someone might want to re-post this with the For Sale/Deals threads.

Originally Posted by SpeedyM View Post
Thank you guys.
The Hava Player Name. Should I use the default name "Local Hava Connect" or "HAVAMONSOON" that I see on my routers' IP table listing ?
You should name it maybe something like "SpeedyM-Hava" so it can be unique. You also need to enter the HAVA ID (that long hex string!). I think both will be entered into Hava server for lookup later on.

Later on, you can just use the name ( no need to use the ID, but of course you still can use it) for look up.

Hava competitor, Slingmedia, now uses email address for their database and store all your slingbox info under the email address.

It's just a way they use to store/retrieve/lookup the IPs.

Tags
hava, video hava