Posts: 491 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Pordenone IT
I just found an app approved 3 hours ag (search for ylex)
what happened?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lorenzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Probably developpers knowing how to close the store aren't anymore at Nokia ...

You know the famous joke : How many Microsoft engineers does it take to change a light bulb? It burned out? You must be using a non-standard socket.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
I'm not complaining, but imagine my surprise when I got an app update notification last week.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
It could simply be that those apps were submitted before the closure... See profilematic it too was submitted before the closure but the update arrived only a few days ago...

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Germany
Surprise, surprise. When I checked the store in the first days of January I wasn't able to connect. Now, it looks up and running. Nice find, lorenzo!

icke

From what I understood, they weren't going to accept application updates, but everything else was going remain running.

This of course brings up the question of, what happens if/when it closes all together, I'm sure quite a few people bought applications from it, and are we just screwed if we did so, or are all of them going to be mirrored somewhere and/or possibly 'freed'?

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Poland
Right now we have Warehouse http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91574 I suggest to backup paid apps by ex. FTP or N9QTweak the path for apps is:
Code:
/var/cache/apt/
The app have to be copied when Nokia Store installing it, and change extension to .deb

I'm aware of that, unfortunately you'd have to remove and then re-install all of your commercial packages to get the .deb files. It'd be nice if the community could open another 'store'.

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

The Following User Says Thank You to slaapliedje For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Maybe someone could build a store with Bodega?

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by slaapliedje View Post
I'm aware of that, unfortunately you'd have to remove and then re-install all of your commercial packages to get the .deb files. It'd be nice if the community could open another 'store'.

slaapliedje
You better be careful with this idea. A few weeks ago I was no able to reinstall Nokia Lens & Nokia Panorama after a reflash.
Both packages are now in Openrepos so I would recommend this site.
Regards.