Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I don't play pokemon go and i don't have plans to do that.

Of course is navigation still possible. But if the map should orientate the right way, it needs a moving vector to get this done. So if you stand somnewhere in the country or move just slowly it's harder to tell where north is and where south.

So I have given away a compass for a FM Receiver. Don't know if that is a good move...

The Following User Says Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Intex specifications page mentions accelerometer, not sure. You can turn the AR off and get prerendered scene, again, ekkelund will need to confirm if catching pokemon works, he said the app works and GPS does, not sure if he caught anything
Accelerometer cannot be used to determine horizontal orientation at all, so it must have _either_ a compass or a gyroscope for any type of VR or AR. (Accelerometer+compass was how VR was done in the N9 -- remember that demo app with world headlines).

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
I don't play pokemon go and i don't have plans to do that.

Of course is navigation still possible. But if the map should orientate the right way, it needs a moving vector to get this done. So if you stand somnewhere in the country or move just slowly it's harder to tell where north is and where south.

So I have given away a compass for a FM Receiver. Don't know if that is a good move...

http://www.robotshop.com/en/lsm303d-...r-compass.html

maybe kimolli can build a other half what works over usb otg

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 2,004 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Fin
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Same thing -- maps is my main use case for these devices ; Compass is what sold me the N9 over the N900 despite the loss of keyboard. This time, I have to trade off both keyboard and compass for double the RAM which I don't really require to begin with (even when using the Gentoo chroot...).

I'm really tired of this. I don't necessarily want high-end devices, but why do I have to think of trade-offs at this level of cheapness?

Navigation is GPS, not compass. Compass provides orientation even without physical displacement or GPS fix.

It means no Pokemon Go nor any kind of geographical AR, though.
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Intex specifications page mentions accelerometer, not sure. You can turn the AR off and get prerendered scene, again, ekkelund will need to confirm if catching pokemon works, he said the app works and GPS does, not sure if he caught anything
Pokemon Go works. AR mode doesn't not work, Pokemon Go don't regognize orientation of phone. Catching works, don't worry.

And it's eekkelund

I added issues with PokemonGo on JollaC here.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eekkelund For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
/me *sighs* and goes look up the price of the Fairphone.

(Note that it's not about PkGo of course, but I did enjoy Skyview... and of course, maps...)

EDIT: The Jolla C is too lowend for my taste, and the Fairphone is way too highend. Probably will keep the Sbj as main phone for another year.

Last edited by javispedro; 2016-07-18 at 13:55.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
http://www.robotshop.com/en/lsm303d-...r-compass.html

maybe kimolli can build a other half what works over usb otg
I hope there will bee soon an official Fairphone2 with sailfish. I thin Fairphone should have all features I need. But I want official support.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Got call from Schenker, they received package from TNT. I also received mail with disposition to fill and send back.

Anyone already gone through this process? They said it's visible all duty's are on senders side, but still need info to process customs stuff ...

I need HS number of Jolla C (customs tariff), if anybody knows this

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sponka For This Useful Post:

(Note that it's not about PkGo of course, but I did enjoy Skyview... and of course, maps...)

EDIT: The Jolla C is too lowend for my taste, and the Fairphone is way too highend. Probably will keep the Sbj as main phone for another year.
Well the fairphone isn't that highend. Only the price is. But that has to be, otherwise they can't produce it fair. And to be honest I absolutly like the idea and I'm willing to pay more for this idea. Maybe you can gather a used one from ebay or somewhere else.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria

OnePlus X looks okay and has a nice port. Plus Kimmoli probably needs a helping hand with it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
At first, I thought "Damn, this is light" and only later realized the battery was still in the box. Well, even with the battery it still seems lighter than J1 despite this page giving contradicting measures.

The bigger size made me think of the jump with N9->Jolla... and yes I have small hands, so I'd say one handed use will be slipping more and more away. Not that big of a deal for me, personally. However, the power button is now below the volume rocker and that actually helps the one-handed use if you happen to use the button like e.g. double press.

The screen protector was a bit poorly applied. It had some air under it in two places near the front facing camera but I luckily managed to even those out. Speaking of the screen protector, was the thing supposed to be oleophobic coated? The protector feels sticky and collects fingerprints quite remarkably (and I do wash my hands regularly and try to keep my fingers tidy, thanks for asking)? Then again, so does my dirt cheap glass shield on J1. I will probably consider a Brotech or similiar glass if/when they become available.

The screen looks sharp. The UI and OS seem snappy (but so does J1 after every OS update). No LED while loading, does blink after full charge, one color + dimmer than before (miss the J1 LED already). No plastic squeaking/creaking while handled.

Charged the battery to full and it's already down to 96% (and now 95%) after a couple of minutes. Seems odd, but maybe it stabilizes after a couple of recharges.

I didn't really take that many photos with the J1 camera so I cannot say much about the photo quality... "nice" will have to do.

What else... fits better in my jeans pocket and doesn't feel like the corners are trying to rip through the fabric like with the J1.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os