Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
Bitter is that WPA Enterprise is still not working through GUI. Tried with 2 different eduroam Account at 3 different University locations. Anyone else successful?
For eduroam at my university is working perfect. I can log in using username and password.
Are you share is possible to log in without certificates at your university?

The Following User Says Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
For eduroam at my university is working perfect. I can log in using username and password.
Are you share is possible to log in without certificates at your university?
Good to hear. I just get a meaningless error: "connection failed". And I'm sure I do not need certificates as a manual configuration is working ....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
I think it's just the (third party, mind!) TOH software packages that need an update. I'm surprised something so minor could cause such trouble, but this is why EA exists.
I thought the 2.1.1.23 was a minor update so there should not have been any breaking changes. That's my assumption. Naturally Jolla decides on update policies and should any breaking changes be reflected by updating also second version number. Hmm, I just checked my other Jolla and it is running Iijoki (2.1.0.11). I think the one I updated to Jämsänjoki was running the same. Maybe updating the third version number reflects e.g. kernel module load order change which might mean that 3rd party TOHs need an software update.

This was the first time I tried backup and restore, worked fine. There are some settings that were not recovered, like how often e-mail client should check for new posts, but otherwise seems to be ok. All the more important settings, accounts, calendar, contacts etc are fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tsippaduida For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
Bitter is that WPA Enterprise is still not working through GUI. Tried with 2 different eduroam Account at 3 different University locations. Anyone else successful?
Hi from Italy here eduroam gui works properly. Note: first update failed, then i've reset my jolla1 and I've upgraded it up to 2.1.1 and then I've connected it to eduroam without problems (no certificates required by my university)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paolomi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eson View Post
I can't get my Jolla C into recovery mode. Do this guide not apply anymore?
Try using dedicated resource for Jolla C (using Volume-up button instead)https://jolla.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a...-Recovery-Mode

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
Try using dedicated resource for Jolla C
Thanks a lot! That's what I was looking for, but couldn't find.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by paolomi View Post
Hi from Italy here eduroam gui works properly. Note: first update failed, then i've reset my jolla1 and I've upgraded it up to 2.1.1 and then I've connected it to eduroam without problems (no certificates required by my university)
Made another attempt today. Working now
I'm not sure where the error was yesterday (i made sure the password was right), maybe the auth servers had a hickup.

So: slow but steady progress on Sailfish.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gaelic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 65 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Cagliari, Italy
Hi! Yesterday I tried to update my aquafish/Jolla C mode.
And it failed. And I bricked my phone. then I recovered it (volume up+power for recovery mode instead). I menaged to recover it. But no bt, no Wlan. then I updated manually mh phonr via data connection. Ig redtored everything. Then I updated to the latest release. it works,now!
Not so easy,guys.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to requiem_76 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
The update didn't go well for me. At the end of the process, I got a screen telling me that there was an error and the phone was not updated, and asking me to reboot. Now the Jolla C won't boot, it's stuck on the white Jolla and Sailfish logos on black screen and will stay there for hours.

Please note that the issue is probably related to my device and not to the update, I had been fiddling with the logical volumes sizes in recovery mode due to some problems before trying the update (but I thought I finally completely solved them when I decided to go forward with the update, everything seemed to be OK again). I don't mean to discourage people from updating as I have no clue whether this is just bad luck or a pre-existing problem on my end that did not go well with the update (and I suspect this).

I'll probably have to do a factory reset, unless someone has another idea?

Requiem_76, would you mind describing the steps you went through in recovery mode to solve your boot issue?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 409 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Germany
Guys, if you have problems after the update (boot loops, black screens, etc.), please check in recovery mode, if the correct bluez packages are installed.

This update ships and enables bluez5, which caused the above mentioned problems on my Jolla C after the update. One part was updated to version 5, and one part was still on version 4.

After I fixed the installed packages to the correct version in recovery mode, my device booted correctly again.
I forgot to disable openrepos-repositories which may have messed up my update process...

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ejjoman For This Useful Post: