Closed Thread
How come I've lost all icons and theming elements on my N900 after applying today's update?

Symptoms:
1) wallpapers and image files are there but are not displayed. All I have is black background, and magenta bar where window/menu button and clock used to be
2) no application icons whatsoever
3) no theming elements whatsoever
4) 'Calendar' application closed due to an internal error ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME every 30 seconds or so
5) The address bar in the browser is black on black background
6) The running dots animation at the startup gone

The syslog is full of this:

Code:
Sep  7 22:45:36 Nokia-N900-02-8 personalisation_app[7263]: GLIB WARNING ** sapwood-engine - sapwood-theme: Failed to load pixmap file /opt/usr/share/themes/alpha/images/TouchListBackgroundPressed.png: read 1, expected 80 bytes 
Sep  7 22:45:36 Nokia-N900-02-8 personalisation_app[7263]: GLIB WARNING ** sapwood-engine - sapwood-theme: Failed to load pixmap file /opt/usr/share/themes/alpha/images/TouchListBackgroundPressed.png: read 1, expected 80 bytes 
Sep  7 22:45:36 Nokia-N900-02-8 personalisation_app[7263]: GLIB WARNING ** sapwood-engine - sapwood-theme: Failed to load pixmap file /opt/usr/share/themes/alpha/images/TouchListBackgroundNormal.png: read 1, expected 80 bytes 
Sep  7 22:45:36 Nokia-N900-02-8 last message repeated 3 times

Last edited by jafd; 2011-09-07 at 19:55.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by Barres View Post
I don't have openssh-server installed, only the client. Don't ask why.. is there another way to do this? I also don't want to flash my n900.

I never flashed my N900 before, is everyting lost when i do flash? I have made backups, but those are on my n900 on there default location... It isn't lost with a kernel flash, but that doesn't work.
I did it in R&D mode with xterm directly on-device.

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Hi,
not sure if the camera UI was supposed to be fixed in this update, however it hasn't changed for me:
When holding the camera in portrait, the UI elements rotate fine, but captured image is shown only in the top left quadrant of the screen, rest ist black. Picture taken is normal.
I've seen it discussed a lot (black-/whitelisting etc.), but I wasn't able to find out if it's already possible to exclude e.g. the camera app (and maybe some ohters, too) from auto-rotation?
Thanks, Ben

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Poland, Częstochowa
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Hi,
not sure if the camera UI was supposed to be fixed in this update, however it hasn't changed for me:
When holding the camera in portrait, the UI elements rotate fine, but captured image is shown only in the top left quadrant of the screen, rest ist black. Picture taken is normal.
I've seen it discussed a lot (black-/whitelisting etc.), but I wasn't able to find out if it's already possible to exclude e.g. the camera app (and maybe some ohters, too) from auto-rotation?
Thanks, Ben
in transitions.ini file you have sth like that
blacklist =

so you shold write:
blacklist = camera-ui

and save the file, killall hildon-desktop and camera no more rotate

The Following User Says Thank You to pawelstryju For This Useful Post:
Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by pawelstryju View Post
in transitions.ini file you have sth like that
blacklist =

so you shold write:
blacklist = camera-ui

and save the file, killall hildon-desktop and camera no more rotate
This does not work for me.

Continue rotating the interface.

Last edited by WhiteWolf; 2011-09-07 at 20:59.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
A minor update will be released soon (as in right after Qt finishes building and stuff)
It fixes some OpenGL upstream bug, which I think (?) fixes Kasvopus and other apps.

Calculator will be pulled in properly this time, hildon-desktop will have the whitelist, and the camera is blacklisted in the .desktop file

The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
I did it in R&D mode with xterm directly on-device.
But how dit you open xterm with hildon-desktop crashing... i can't do anything.

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
I did the CSSU Update and gosh, felt a lil bit of a relief from the constant Internal Error cause on the email software.... But seems like after the update, if i have a contact number that starts with + rather than 00 then it pops up a message as incorrect number in the SMS app... Is it just me or is there someone else facing the same?

Thanks for all the hard work! The latest version is working great on my N900, and the few issues I have sound like they're going to be fixed soon. Much appreciated!

Originally Posted by Bramji View Post
I used this:
flasher-3.5 -f --flash-only=kernel -R -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
Didn't help.
I got back to mp-fremantle-generic-pr which means downgrading about forty packages and removing some applications, took me about 1.5 hours. Had no reboots, I guess that's because of the old kernel without any additional tweaks.

UI is working again, now I'll try another upgrade to CSSU 16...

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade