Notices

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
i dont know, how the pattern for lyric work. Its better to use name of song instead metada.
Because i want to add lyric manually,
thank you for ur great work
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Thanks for the continued development on the OMP, there is no application I use more than this.

So, while we are on the subject of being awesome and adding features, why not make it automagically download covers for albums so that when coupled with the proposed tag editing, I can remove mussorgsky?

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ New Hampshire, US
Originally Posted by T4UR14N View Post
app crashes on song/playlist delete & when fm transmitter is enabled from omp menu
I am getting the crash on enabling the FM transmitter. Using the Oct 08 version.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Updated MediaPlayer yesterday and now there's no more lyrics being displayed. Do I somewhere manually need to re-enable them?

Greetz,

J4ZZ

Last edited by J4ZZ; 2011-10-14 at 13:47.

Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
i dont know, how the pattern for lyric work. Its better to use name of song instead metada.
Because i want to add lyric manually,
thank you for ur great work
Text in parentheses is removed, "&"s are replaced with "and"s, then all non-alphanumeric characters are removed and the letters changed to lower case, for example: if the title is "4 o'Clock (live)" and the artist "Emilie Autumn", lyrics will be saved in "emilieautumn-4oclock.txt".

I don't know if you know that it's possible to modify lyrics by choosing "Edit lyrics" from their context menu.

Originally Posted by LavaCroft View Post
So, while we are on the subject of being awesome and adding features, why not make it automagically download covers for albums so that when coupled with the proposed tag editing, I can remove mussorgsky?
That's probably distant future, but certainly not impossible.

Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
Updated MediaPlayer yesterday and now there's no more lyrics being displayed. Do I somewhere manually need to re-enable them?
Go to the setting from the titlebar menu of the main window and check the appropriate option.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
I can not update omp using the script. It remains the same version. Sep 25 2011 23.39.19
What can I do?

It only means that the last time it was compiled from zero was over 2 weeks ago, so a better way to see if you've got the latest version is to check the changelogs posted with each release here. You can, for example, play a song and press the cover art. If it toggles the size, then you're alright.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
What do you mean toggles the size? When I press the cover art it changes from playlist to the moving bar. Is it good.

Originally Posted by luketanti View Post
What do you mean toggles the size? When I press the cover art it changes from playlist to the moving bar. Is it good.
I meant that if you've got the latest version, pressing the picture should change the size of cover art from smaller for the playlist to bigger for the moving bar.

Edit: Or better yet, try the atteched build. Besides a more recent date in the about window, you can find:
  • Video bookmarks, including screenshots. When you close a video, progress is saved and restored next time you open that video.
  • Deleting songs from "All songs" is back.
  • Share/delete videos from their context menu.
  • Sliders don't miss short clicks and volume slider in the radio window finally works.
  • Sorting for the video list. "Latest" is by the date when an item was added to the database and "categories" is by the source device, so local recordings are kept together. It's still not a full-fledged categor view, but I guess it's better than a button that doesn't even work.
Also, progress sliders have a new behavior: seeking the media is done after releasing a slider. This way they work smoother, but you can't see the result in real-time. Let me know whether you think it's an improvement or not.
Attached Files
File Type: gz omp_20111014.tar.gz (346.4 KB, 441 views)

Last edited by gidzzz; 2011-10-14 at 18:43.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Also, progress sliders have a new behavior: seeking the media is done after releasing a slider. This way they work smoother, but you can't see the result in real-time. Let me know whether you think it's an improvement or not.
I kinda like it in my iPod touch, when I hold the seekbar and move not only horizontal but vertical too I can make smaller adjustments in the position. This way I have no problem finding a position in a 2 hours mix (I mostly listen to those). For me a seekbar without a "preview" such in this version is a step back. Maybe an option in the settings?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse