Active Topics

I'm c/p here the contents of another topic i've opened in the wrong section.

Hi, i've installed wirelesstools to use aircrack, and now i have a problem. If i open the network manager, it says "no connection avaliable", even though there are some.
Moreover, if i reboot my device, when it starts back it automatically connects to my home network, and it works perfectly. But, if i disconnect, then again "no connection avalaible".
Any ideas?
Ok, new update.
Apparently this problem isn't caused by the wirelesstools, but by the aircrack itself.
It's like this:
Boot the device, and the wifimanager work perfectly; U can connect and disconnect how many time u want and still see wifis.
Once u run airodump-ng, u'r screwed. If u disconnect from a wifi, then u can't use the connection manager anymore. But the wifi still works (and so does airodump, which still sees all the wifi around you.)
Any ideas? Maybe some daemon which isn't closing fine?

Are you changing your MAC address in the process at any point, if so; try deleting the DHCP lease from your AP prior to reconnecting.

No, i don't think i'm changing my mac.
But the thing is: it's not that i can't connect to my home AP, i can't connect to anything. If i open connection manager, it says no connection found... so i thought that there is some kind of daemon which inibites the connection manager... i hope i've explained myself.
Anyhoo, i'm a graduated computer science student, and so i'm working on it. I just thought that maybe more heads are better than one

Try putting the device into "offline" mode (power menu) prior to using any of the aircrack-ng suite tools. Make sure that you have not attempted to put the internal wifi card into monitor mode with airmon-ng. After you are finished disable offline mode/enable "normal" mode and try connecting.

Ok, here's the deal.
I tried linuxeventually method, and it didn't work.
I turn to offline, do my aircrack stuffs, and switch to normal again.
No connections avalaible.
But then i tried to monitor airmon-ng status, which i didn't use (on purpose), and it was on.
So i switched it off, and everything got back to normal.
Now, i'd like to understand why it stays on even though i don't use it.
The commands i do are the following:
sudo airodump-ng wlan0
then i make note of the channel, and do
sudo airodump-ng -c #channel -w name --ivs wlan0
Just this. To terminate this commands i do a ctrl-c... maybe the reason lies in the way i shut them down?
Quick edit: i use the sudo command because otherwise it says "command not found"

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
you have to "iwconfig wlan0 mode managed" after running airodump-ng (maybe you also need to restart wlancond but I'm not sure).

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Please don't cross post.
Your question has been already solved
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=55038