Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2009
I know I know - I (and many other previous S60 owners) have been complaining about this one for the last 5 years and unless someone has a solution to this on the N900, I'll keep complaining: why is 5 minutes the lowest email synch frequency? Why isn't there a 1 minute option? I am sure that it is only some hardcoded seatbelt via some settings file not a technical limitation.

1 minute would get me as close to the "push" experience as I would want to be without changing email providers to something as unreliable as Nokia Push email.

So in summary, does anyone know how to hack in the magical 1 minute synch frequency?

And I know from previous experience that there will be people asking me why I need to check my emails every minute, so here is the answer in advance: I am monitoring website healths and if there is something an email gets dispatched to me, so obviously when a site has some issue that caters to 50-100k users I have to be able to respond ASAP.

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Because they don't want people complaining about the battery life being halved from the already short one? And can you not have a text message sent instead?

when they fix IMAP IDLE for modest you will get push.
on the otherhand the reason they have disabled it is because it sucks batteries dry

Originally Posted by OrangeBox View Post
I know I know - I (and many other previous S60 owners) have been complaining about this one for the last 5 years and unless someone has a solution to this on the N900, I'll keep complaining: why is 5 minutes the lowest email synch frequency? Why isn't there a 1 minute option? I am sure that it is only some hardcoded seatbelt via some settings file not a technical limitation.

1 minute would get me as close to the "push" experience as I would want to be without changing email providers to something as unreliable as Nokia Push email.

So in summary, does anyone know how to hack in the magical 1 minute synch frequency?

And I know from previous experience that there will be people asking me why I need to check my emails every minute, so here is the answer in advance: I am monitoring website healths and if there is something an email gets dispatched to me, so obviously when a site has some issue that caters to 50-100k users I have to be able to respond ASAP.
You don't have to change providers! You simply need to configure Nokia Messaging. Completely Different things.

Check my post in the N900 sub-section for how to configure Nokia Messaging to work with your N900 & your emails.

The Following User Says Thank You to nirave For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by floffe View Post
Because they don't want people complaining about the battery life being halved from the already short one? And can you not have a text message sent instead?
Thanks for your response. No, because the monitoring service charges 15c per sms sent.

Originally Posted by nirave View Post
Check my post in the N900 sub-section for how to configure Nokia Messaging to work with your N900 & your emails.
Thanks, will do.