Notices

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by hece35 View Post

It is easy to revert back to the old working version.

Type as a root in terminal:
apt-cache policy panucci (to show available versions)
apt-get install panucci=0.3.17 (to install)
Thanks a lot working perfectly as it should.
Thanks for your help

BR

Wolfpac

I recently updated Panucci to 0.9 but am now having a problem re-opening it once i have closed the application. If i try to open Panucci up again it starts to load but then closes and doesn't let me play anything and doesn't give any errors. the only way to get it to open is to go through Gpodder.

I liked the idea of playlists so added all my unplayed podcasts but could then not see this as i couldn't get back in to panucci without it resetting the playlist.

Is anyone else having this issue or it it by design that this happens. It only seemed to start doing this after the latest update.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by thp View Post
This thread is for reporting bugs and problems and giving feedback in general for Panucci: http://panucci.garage.maemo.org/
FYI, the Maemo5 links on the site you're taken to by this link do not work

Not Found

The requested URL /downloads/product/Maemo5/panucci/ was not found on this server.

Originally Posted by simonhdick View Post
I recently updated Panucci to 0.9
0.9, is that correct?

Originally Posted by Taomyn View Post
0.9, is that correct?
That's what it says when i go into About when in Panucci. Just checked and it is the Alpha version. There is also a bug opened with the same issue as i am having. I voted for it to add my voice there.

Last edited by simonhdick; 2010-06-18 at 10:23.

That's odd, as I know it, 0.3 is the current version in Extras, 0.4 is available but hasn't been put in the repo and 0.5 is being worked on.

Ah, maybe it's a device thing i.e. I have it on the N900

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Taomyn View Post
That's odd, as I know it, 0.3 is the current version in Extras, 0.4 is available but hasn't been put in the repo and 0.5 is being worked on.
0.3.x is the stable version currently in Extras.
0.4 has been the version after that, but nikosapi has ceased development of it (or at least the development progressed too slowly for my taste), so I've picked up from where he left and turned that into what is now 0.9 and will become the next version "really soon now".

As 0.4 has been "forked" from 0.3 before Maemo 5 came around, all the Maemo 5 goodies currently in 0.3.x for Maemo 5 are not all forward-ported to the 0.9.x branch yet, but that's being planned.

No updates against the 0.3.x branch is planned, and 0.9.x will take over once it's more mature. If you have updated to 0.9, you must have Extras-Devel enabled. That's what you signed up for when enabling Extras-Devel - you have read the warnings about unstable software, didn't you? See some posts above in this thread for instructions on how to install the old version.

Only half a week of Uni to go - after that, I should again have more time to spend on these open source projects

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Just thought I'd report a problem with 0.4 in case this might affect other versions also. My panucci suddenly crashed and subsequently refused to open. Looks like I'm going to have to revert to 0.3.
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10790

Just downgraded to 0.3. Still no joy. I now get
# panucci
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/panucci", line 22, in <module>
import dbus
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/__init__.py", line 79, in <module>
import dbus.types as types
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/types.py", line 6, in <module>
from _dbus_bindings import ObjectPath, ByteArray, Signature, Byte,\
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/_dbus_bindings.so: undefined symbol: PyEict_DelItem

Originally Posted by vjones777 View Post
Just thought I'd report a problem with 0.4 in case this might affect other versions also. My panucci suddenly crashed and subsequently refused to open. Looks like I'm going to have to revert to 0.3.
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10790
I am seeing this as well with the latest update to 0.9 from devel, I believe. I can only start it via gPodder.

Tags
barbiestrsand