Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
I'm hoping someone can help me with a quick fix on an issue I'm having.

A couple days ago, usr/bin/calendar was eating up all of my CPU. So I figured worst case I'd reflash. First thing I did was delete the file in filebox, which fixed the CPU usage obviously. Calendar opened fine afterwards.

So, figured I hadn't reflashed in over a year so might as well clean it out and restore my backup (using robbiethe1st's back up menu). Everything went smooth, life was good for the first day.

Now, calendar home widget shows everything fine but I cannot open the calendar itself in the application menu or by clicking the widget. It times out.

I can create a new calendar that shows up in the widget so I'm hoping I could just replace a file that would allow me to launch the calendar again as the data seems to be there instead of having to repeat the flash process...anyone have an idea for me?

When I reboot the backup, the file shows back up but so does the excessive CPU usage (90%+)

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Here's my thought, where could I get a replacement calendar file for /usr/bin/calendar

I'm guessing somehow mine was corrupted but I'm a total noob so it's a hairbrained guess...figure I'd like to try to replace the file and have no idea how to get a fresh copy.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post: