Just got a new N9 and updated to PR 1.1. Got the MFE work for my gmail account, select "always update". All works perfectly for mail, contact, and calendar - almost update mails instantaneously. I also like the UI and clear font with the built-in mail APP.

However, I do notice some weird things:

(1) seems only the mails within 3 days are displayed. Older than 3 days will be deleted automatically. Is there a way to modify this 3-day limits?

(2) It works very well for new email notification for the first mail coming in. Then if I did not check that new mail and let it be there, there will be no more notifications (sound or vibration) for the following new mails coming in. Just you can see the increase of new email numbers on the notification screen. Only after you check the emails and clear the new mail signs, it start to play the sound and vibrate when receive the first new mail, and problems again after that. Just wonder if this is a way by design or it is a bug already reported or can be fixed by changing setting.

Not sure if these two issues were discussed before. Any help is appreciated.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by x220 View Post
Just got a new N9 and updated to PR 1.1. Got the MFE work for my gmail account, select "always update". All works perfectly for mail, contact, and calendar - almost update mails instantaneously. I also like the UI and clear font with the built-in mail APP.

(1) seems only the mails within 3 days are displayed. Older than 3 days will be deleted automatically. Is there a way to modify this 3-day limits?

(2) It works very well for new email notification for the first mail coming in. Then if I did not check that new mail and let it be there, there will be no more notifications (sound or vibration) for the following new mails coming in. Just you can see the increase of new email numbers on the notification screen. Only after you check the emails and clear the new mail signs, it start to play the sound and vibrate when receive the first new mail, and problems again after that. Just wonder if this is a way by design or it is a bug already reported or can be fixed by changing setting.

1) Accounts > email account you're using > More Sync Settings > Then you can change those settings to sync old messages back to (it goes up to 2 weeks)
2) I haven't encountered before, maybe you need a reflash....

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
2)
sounds more like a notification issue than a mail one, but maybe try asking nokia dev (sergey) here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78480&page=40

Thanks guys. yes, the above approach improved 1. For 2, I posted it in the linked post for help from sergey. I tried to delete the MFE account, and restart, then reset the MFE account, seems no help. Maybe needs a reflash - but seems I did not change too much the system after flash several days ago.

The Following User Says Thank You to x220 For This Useful Post:
Can others kindly confirm my problems 2, either using MFE or imap setting with "other accounts"? I want to know if this is a problem for my own, or it is a bug of system? By the way, I flashed to Australia version 059J241 - could this is an issue with one local version?
I just reflashed both rootfs and emmc. still same thing.
Many thanks!

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I remember reading the 2) is by design, not a bug. But I hope they change the behavior in done update.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Can others kindly confirm my problems 2, either using MFE or imap setting with "other accounts"? I want to know if this is a problem for my own, or it is a bug of system? By the way, I flashed to Australia version 059J241 - could this is an issue with one local version?
I just reflashed both rootfs and emmc. still same thing.
Many thanks!
It's not just you. I know I've had this "feature" since day 1. There are several notification methods used with the first email (sound, vibration, quick summary and @ icon on the status bar / events feed / wallpaper). If I don't open the mail app, subsequent emails have only the visual notifications, no sound or vibration.

I just finished wiping my phone (for an unrelated issue) and sent emails to myself to test just in case. Same thing. I'm using the Austrian 64G firmware 059J1V4.

The Following User Says Thank You to coomac For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
@ajalkane
Now that you mention it, I do seem to vaguely recall that too.

@coomac
Thanks for the confirmation...

@x220
Still worth trying to get a response from Sergey, & updating here.
Maybe also submit a enhancement request if he says changes aren't planned.
Please share the link if you do create a request, so that others can vote etc.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-12-18 at 15:04.

Seems the issues of the email we discussed before with PR1.1 still exist with the new PR1.2: mad:
Can any one else confirm this? Or I missed any switch? I was looking forward the PR1.2 for fixing this problems.
Many thanks.

(1) ......

Not solved in PR1.3. Could be a setting in .ini file somewhere?

Last edited by freaksamael; 2012-07-08 at 19:25.