Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by aspidites View Post
Ossipena, I've cloned your repo and have timeout working. It is now possilbe to write "cat". Currently, the timeout is set to 1 second, but you can increase or decrease it as you wish.

The only quirk seems to be that the first character doesn't accept mulitple presses. That is, typing 2 twice results in 'aa' instead of 'b'.
thanks a lot. even a partially working timer system helps me worth many evenings
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
Actually, it's fully working now. Also added a second line to each button label so that I know what I'm typing:
Attached Images

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to aspidites For This Useful Post:
It's presently non-functional, but I'm working on a hack to get the contact list to display in portrait mode. Right now clicking on "To" opens the contact window in landscape mode, and closing it opens the portrait version which doesn't accept events. Useless, but it gives me hope that something can be done.

[edit]
Interestingly enough, the screenshot doesn't accurately show what I see. There are no duplicating icons, and names are legible. Kinetic scrolling also works.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to aspidites For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by aspidites View Post
It's presently non-functional, but I'm working on a hack to get the contact list to display in portrait mode. Right now clicking on "To" opens the contact window in landscape mode, and closing it opens the portrait version which doesn't accept events. Useless, but it gives me hope that something can be done.

[edit]
Interestingly enough, the screenshot doesn't accurately show what I see. There are no duplicating icons, and names are legible. Kinetic scrolling also works.
You shouldn't need to hack it. That dialog already supports portrait mode, as evidenced by the letters that will show on the right-hand side of the dialog when the N900 is in portrait mode in the phone application. Set the hildon.PORTRAIT_MODE_SUPPORT flag on "chooser" before .running it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
sorry, but do you have a direct link to download this app ? i don't find it with link at the first post... thanx

Thanks to qwerty12's hint, contacts now properly show in portrait mode!

As for direct link, ossi hasn't made a proper release yet because this is still a work in progress. You are more than welcome to clone the repo though. Failing that, its only one file, so you could probably do a right-click "save as" on the appropriate file in the repo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspidites For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Here's a patch that gets the buttons looking more like the ones in the phone app:
http://slexy.org/raw/s2EQSbmWP1

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the buttons themselves styled as they need to be in a GtkTable for that.
It's not perfect and it's questionable as to whether you'll wish to apply it. But who knows?

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
@ ossipena: one question:
does sms from your program store somewhere (maybe store all together in conversations)???????

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
This application is an amazing idea and will probably make a lot of N900 users very happy. Sadly I have not idea how to help out but if I did I would be straight in there. The sooner this applicaiton is avaliable the better.

Great work guys! I am really impressed!

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Malaysia
Looking at the screen shots gives me some hope
Looks like ossipena is doing something that Nokia should have done from day 1. If there is anyone from Nokia's R&D here, could you help these guys with the project by giving the sourcecode for the current portrait mode dialer or something similar so that the wheel doesn't have to be re-invented every time!

Wonderful work guys! All the best to you!
Last: N900

Tags
portrait sms, python