Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
I don't know about anyone else, but some times - such as when listening to music, i don't want the display to timeout and the phone to lock...

Rather than having to go to the device settings each time to set this, does anyone think they could write a switching/toggling app for that?

i use "Squeezster" to control my Squeezeboxen with my N9 & that app happens to include an option to "Inhibit Screensaver" which is perfect and shows this can be controlled...

Obviously i would be happy to donate...

The Following User Says Thank You to PhatApteryx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
leave that application in background when listening to music... job done?... profit?

If that doesn't work, I can add the feature to babylock at some day.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by PhatApteryx View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but some times - such as when listening to music, i don't want the display to timeout and the phone to lock...

Rather than having to go to the device settings each time to set this, does anyone think they could write a switching/toggling app for that?

i use "Squeezster" to control my Squeezeboxen with my N9 & that app happens to include an option to "Inhibit Screensaver" which is perfect and shows this can be controlled...

Obviously i would be happy to donate...
Package attached.

Beware damage may occur if the screen displays the same image for long periods, due to the nature of oled scrrens. Use at your own risk, I'm not responsible for any damage.

Edit: Now in Ovi Store!

Last edited by traysh; 2012-11-22 at 11:57. Reason: Updated package

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Hey traysh, thanks, but the way it operates isnt exactly convenient, as after clearing the notification there's no way to quickly say if the thing is still on. Can you add a notification on enabling the screen saver again? Something simple: first click: "Screen saver disabled", second click: "Screen saver enabled".

Last edited by DarkSkies; 2012-04-13 at 20:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
Hey traysh, thanks, but the way it operates isnt exactly convenient, as after clearing the notification there's no way to quickly say if the thing is still on. Can you add a notification on enabling the screen saver again? Something simple: first click: "Screen saver disabled", second click: "Screen saver enabled".
Sorry, I couldn't understand the proposed behavior. Can you elaborate?

For now, it works this way: when you launch the app (by clicking the icon in the launchers view) it disables the screensaver and shows a notification. When you click the notification, it enables the screensaver and quits the app. As you see, there are no windows.

Might you think it is inconvenient the notification stays there while the screensaver is disabled, but that avoids you forget it's disabled and burn the device screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
Sorry, I couldn't understand the proposed behavior. Can you elaborate?

For now, it works this way: when you launch the app (by clicking the icon in the launchers view) it disables the screensaver and shows a notification. When you click the notification, it enables the screensaver and quits the app. As you see, there are no windows.

Might you think it is inconvenient the notification stays there while the screensaver is disabled, but that avoids you forget it's disabled and burn the device screen.
What I mean is this: If you click the icon for the first time/execute the application, they the screen saver is disabled and an appropriate notification is displayed. This is how it works now and that is just fine. What I propose is:

1) Make the notification shorter, i.e. to say only what is necessary, for example "Screen saver OFF", plus make the notification only momentarily appear at the top of the screen.

2) Add another similar notification when the application is being switched off, for example "Screen saver ON".

This should be the simplest and the most clear way to do this, getting rid of any possible confusion and too lengthy texts which need to be cleared every time.

In a similar way works an application switching on/off bluetooth. It's called "Toggle BT" and you can find in in the store if you wish to compare.

Thanks for your work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:
What I mean is this: If you click the icon for the first time/execute the application, they the screen saver is disabled and an appropriate notification is displayed. This is how it works now and that is just fine. What I propose is:

1) Make the notification shorter, i.e. to say only what is necessary, for example "Screen saver OFF", plus make the notification only momentarily appear at the top of the screen.

2) Add another similar notification when the application is being switched off, for example "Screen saver ON".

This should be the simplest and the most clear way to do this, getting rid of any possible confusion and too lengthy texts which need to be cleared every time.

In a similar way works an application switching on/off bluetooth. It's called "Toggle BT" and you can find in in the store if you wish to compare.

Thanks for your work.
Ok, got it now. Will add the second notification when I have time (working right now). Worried about removing the warning message thought, don't want to be the cause of damaged screens...

Thanks. In the meantime I made you a nicer icon:
http://i.imgur.com/DMSqT.png

Feel free to use it if you wish. You can always add a short warning about the screens to the application's description. It is displayed when the application is being installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:
Thanks. In the meantime I made you a nicer icon:
http://i.imgur.com/DMSqT.png

Feel free to use it if you wish. You can always add a short warning about the screens to the application's description. It is displayed when the application is being installed.
Thank you! Will surely use it.
What's its license? Thinking of submitting the app to the store, it's kind of difficult to find it here.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by traysh View Post
Package attached.

Beware damage may occur if the screen displays the same image for long periods, due to the nature of oled scrrens. Use at your own risk, I'm not responsible for any damage.
Wow, thanks traysh!... This is why i love this place - have an idea, suggest it, go to bed, get up & it is done!

Do you have a place i can donate?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PhatApteryx For This Useful Post: