Active Topics

I have a charging problem on my n900 which I can only explain by a loose usb connection. The Nokia wall charger has stopped operating while it works fine on other phones. On the other hand the N900 cann be charged ok through the Nokia supplied USB/Micro USB cable off my laptop.Further, charging from my POWERTANK through a new cable which has these two pins shorted stopped working. Befor it seemed to work, but later only after some twisting the micro usb connector in the N900.

So, my question is: has anyone experienced a lose usb connection issue that got fixed after the the USB had been fixed?

thanks for your input

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Romania
Have you tried connecting the wall charger in the socket first, and after that to the phone?

yes, no difference. would that make difference?

It's many times reported as first sign of loosing USB port. Data transfer work all right for You? Most of the time problems like that mean problems with detecting data pins being short, so data transfer should be also affected.

yes, G666 here in Germany has exactly the same symptoms as I and has sent it for repair. I shall do the same and then we shall report back to the forum.

Thus far, data transfer is still ok.......

the whole thing is really strange.

I have had two handsets that have suffered from loose (and then ultimately dislodged) usb ports, and for whatever reason, both times charging from the supplied usb cable via computer far outlasted charging from the wall charger. no idea why, but based on my own experience this doesn't surprise me.