Notices

Hi. I'm currently working on SMS listener in ussd-widget. And I need to decode PDU. So I have two questions. Have anybody managed to write decoding code? I've already found one, but it should be rewritten:
http://www.monkeysandrobots.com/archives/207
And one more general question. It seems, that you deal only with standard GSM alphabet. Is it so? So no support for other languages (my operator uses UCS2 encoding for example). May be we can write something more general? As I remember, USSD and SMS are encoded in similar way and I already have code for decoding USSD (excluding repackaging 7bit to 8 bit, because modem does it).

OK, I've managed to write decoder. Should work for all languages.
http://kibergus.su/node/17

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KiberGus For This Useful Post:
Full GNU Emacs solution:
http://sumoudou.org/0/27.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 白い熊 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 白い熊 View Post
Full GNU Emacs solution:
http://sumoudou.org/0/27.html
Nice Work!

"Make sure you have telephone numbers stored in the international format, i.e. with a leading `+', in BBDB."

Could you point me to a work-around for this? In particular, to dial for (123) 456-7890 setup? For some reason, I can't edit bbdb records to add the +1, I have to delete and recreate the record.

Originally Posted by zoner View Post
Could you point me to a work-around for this? In particular, to dial for (123) 456-7890 setup? For some reason, I can't edit bbdb records to add the +1, I have to delete and recreate the record.
Move the point (cursor) to the phone number in the BBDB record you want to edit; hit `e';

It'll bring up the number in the minibuffer and you can edit it.

Move the point (cursor) to the phone number in the BBDB record you want to edit; hit `e';

It'll bring up the number in the minibuffer and you can edit it.
sure, I know how to edit the numbers. For some reason, adding +1 <RET> does nothing. Number reverts to previous value with no message. I've made the rounds through all of the bbdb variables, I don't see anything. I'll try later with a cleaner .emacs file to see what's happening.

That said, when the number in bbdb is formatted correctly, dialing works, and that's worth a big slap on the back.

with SMS - i get:

"Pipe endpoint allocation: Operation not permitted
Process n900-sms-dispatch exited abnormally with code 1"

sure, I know how to edit the numbers. For some reason, adding +1 <RET> does nothing. Number reverts to previous value with no message. I've made the rounds through all of the bbdb variables, I don't see anything.
Oh so that's gotta be something with .emacs setting. I vaguely recall seeing some bbdb-us-number-format or something like that which automatically forces us numbers. If you search for bbdb and us format, I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it.

with SMS - i get:

"Pipe endpoint allocation: Operation not permitted
Process n900-sms-dispatch exited abnormally with code 1"
Do you have pnatd installed?

Oh so that's gotta be something with .emacs setting. I vaguely recall seeing some bbdb-us-number-format or something like that which automatically forces us numbers. If you search for bbdb and us format, I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it.
I've tried
(setq bbdb-default-north-american-phone-numbers-p nil), didn't help

Do you have pnatd installed?
yes, v0.7.6, built Aug 27 2009

I've tried
(setq bbdb-default-north-american-phone-numbers-p nil), didn't help
OK, you need to use:
Code:
(setq bbdb-north-american-phone-numbers-p nil)
For pnatd lemme think a while.

OK, backup your .emacs, and start .emacs with a completely empty one, except for stuff that'll let you start bbdb and bbdb-nokia-n900.

Cut everything else out, and see if you get the same error, that way we can debug it.