Active Topics

Hi to all, I have a problem on my N9 and im loosing ideas on how to fix it. so this is what happened,

I have a n9 64GB with product code 059J232. When update started rolling out for other brands last feb 28, I got excited about the update and checked on my phone if I already can get one but unfortunately, I have no updates to download yet. So in excitement, I downloaded PR1.2 of north europe (059J187). While waiting for my download to finish, I cleared my device (settings>reset>clear device). This time, I think something was wrong because it took longer than the usual, and my phone is just on the standby screen, and when I press the lock button it just displays nokia (just like when you boot the phone) and when I press it again it just goes to standby screen again.

So what I did is just reflashed it with PR1.1 of 059J232. It is the original image for my brand, and it is the image I use to flash before (and it works, I have reflashed it many times) but now, I got an error. What I noticed is the cmt-mcusw cant finish it. it finishes the writing state, but when it changes to finishing, it just gets stuck on 0%.

then after flashing, of course ill get an error saying:
ERROR: SU_GET_UPDATE_STATUS_REQ terminated with error code : Unknown error
Fetching error list:
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
MTC_NOS_READY not received
CMT RFS failed
[Pipe 7] Finishing in error state with status 1

error failed to flash images.

so thats the error I got, but the phone can boot it self normally, but noticeable it has files missing. For example is when I go to settings then about product, it freezes there and cant display the info's. Also, it says There's a problem with your SIM. Which makes this unusable for me.
Iknow that its not my sim because I tried it with other phones. And when I go to settings>mobile network, it says no mobile network settings or something like that.

then I tried to install the north europe 64GB black PR1.2 which I downloaded, hoping to just fix my problem. The flash finishes, saying in the end update SW release success.

But when I boot the phone, it just displays WARNING: You have modified the device software, leaving the warranty permanently void etc etc. I dont know why it showed this, so I just reflashed with the same image. But still with the same problem.

I am so frustrated at this point, it took me a day to do this things and got nothing. So I tried to reflash with PR1.1 my own variant, and I still get the same error with flashing with PR1.1 before BUT not the downgrade not allowed something, then when I boot my phone it starts, shows the tour, but still same problem (no mobile network).

So at this point, I just thought of having OTA. So at first, it was okay, downloading the update. But when the DL'ing finished, and started with updating, it is just stuck at 0%. my phone is already hot but still no progress.

At this point, PR1.2 for my own variant appeared on navifirm. So again I downloaded it again, flashed, including EMMC. The flashing was successful, just like when I tried the North Europe variant. But again, when I start the phone, same warning shows.

So I am VERY hopeless this time. I have no idea what more to do to fix this. I tried flashing with pr1.1 again and strangely, when it checks my sw release, (not the software im going to upgrade to) it still shows 20.2011 (PR1.1) even when flashing with PR1.2 said was successful.

I also thought my pr1.1 file got corrupted so I redownloaded but still the same issue. So anyone has any idea?

PS: To add, when in pr1.1, together with the mobile network error is the sync and connect. because I also tried to update using NSU. but it wont detect my phone. I know that it is on sync and connect because even NSS cannot detect my device.

Last edited by ssjmec; 2012-03-02 at 08:20.

Update: Managed to fix the mobile network + about product issue.
How: Reinstalled PR1.1, cmt-mcusw still didnt install properly resulting to flashing failed, then flashed cmt only using PR1.2 file.

Now currently downloading PR1.2 OTA. hope this time it'll work

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
do you have nemo installed or have you changed the size of the partitions?

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
do you have nemo installed or have you changed the size of the partitions?
nope.

---------

UPDATE my phone now works after OTA. But after updating, the phone restarted then when it boot, it still showed the warning you have modified the device software. and tells me I have voided my warranty. after few seconds it proceeds to load and start up. So anyone know why this happened?

Originally Posted by ssjmec View Post
UPDATE my phone now works after OTA. But after updating, the phone restarted then when it boot, it still showed the warning you have modified the device software. and tells me I have voided my warranty. after few seconds it proceeds to load and start up. So anyone know why this happened?
This is extremely strange. It looks like you and ulex54 are having the same problem (see other thread) and I have no idea what's going on. You're probably running a mix of PR1.1 and PR1.2 now, which is what's putting it into open mode (shows warranty disclaimer).

I think you should be able to go back to PR1.1 and eliminate the warranty warning by doing:

Code:
flasher -f -F pr12image.bin --flash-only=cmt -v
flasher -f -F pr11image.bin --flash-only=nolo,kernel,rootfs -v
If the disclaimer doesn't go away, start over but run the two commands in the opposite order.

As for upgrading to PR1.2, what happens if you download and install the 059J232 image (variant 005) instead? When flashing, add -v for detailed output.

If something goes wrong, upload all the output text from flasher. (Edit out serial numbers/IMEIs/etc.)

Last edited by itsnotabigtruck; 2012-03-02 at 16:51.

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
This is extremely strange. It looks like you and ulex54 are having the same problem (see other thread) and I have no idea what's going on. You're probably running a mix of PR1.1 and PR1.2 now, which is what's putting it into open mode (shows warranty disclaimer).

I think you should be able to go back to PR1.1 and eliminate the warranty warning by doing:

Code:
flasher -f -F pr12image.bin --flash-only=cmt -v
flasher -f -F pr11image.bin --flash-only=nolo,kernel,rootfs -v
If the disclaimer doesn't go away, start over but run the two commands in the opposite order.

As for upgrading to PR1.2, what happens if you download and install the 059J232 image (variant 005) instead? When flashing, add -v for detailed output.

If something goes wrong, upload all the output text from flasher. (Edit out serial numbers/IMEIs/etc.)
Yes, before I updated OTA, after trying to flash PR1.2 and having it successful, I was still able to go back to PR1.1. But now, I already get the downgrade disallowed error.

and I am extremely confused right now, because before I updated OTA, flashing to PR1.2 doesnt have any error (based on the flasher) but now after I successfuly updated OTA, I tried the zeroize thing one your other thread, and now flashing the SAME image gives me the ff errors

bb5_rdc_cert_read failed
mmc: sfdisk returned status 1
mmc: Could not remove mount directory /tmp/sudmmccGw76r/mnt: No such file directory
[Pipe 3] Finishing in error state with status 1

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post

Before I updated OTA? When I was on PR1.1, then flashed the 059J232 image (005) the flasher says update sw release success, but wont boot. It just showed the same warning

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
my phone had gone into open mode also and i'd the same error but then mine was due to the partition sizes not matching the original partitions.

my experience and how it got solved http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82655

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Córdoba, Argentina
Hi, Please, somebody help me

My N9 doesnt boot, All i see is the "Nokia" word and the ledt is blinking, but nothing else.

When plugged to the computer, Windows says "unknown device".

In order to flash I need the phone to boot. Besides, my product code, is not in the Navifirm's product codes list. Can I flash it with the North Europe image?

Please, any kind of help will be apreciated, im desperate right now