Active Topics

Basically I smashed my phone, the glass shattered and the screen won't turn on. I used video out and it still will receive calls and messages, turn on and off and so forth, but I cant use the touch screen to control what happens. So I am just curious how to get it backed up while in this state, as I have already ordered another and want my apps, contacts, settings, accounts, everything if possible. I can't even figure out how to put it in mass storage mode without clicking the screen. Hopefully one of you crafty people can help me out.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Not easy at all.
one solution, if you have set a user password (in shell) is using ssh to copy files over wireless.
scp user@(phone ip):/home/user/MyDocs/....some-path-to-file ./

No I haven't done that. No chance of even getting into mass storage eh?

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
If you didn't enable developer mode or anything like that you're stuck I think.
But it's very easy to transplant just the screen section from one phone to another if you have a T4 screwdriver.
Where are you based? If you're not comfortable with doing it yourself then someone on here might be near to lend a hand, or a local phone repair shop will probably do it for you too.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
If you had one of these cloud based phones, you be in good shape. With "revolutionary" Nokia, you are only left with visual memories.

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Oh yeah cloud would help a whole lot when the screen doesn't even work. What Microsoft mushrooms are you on?

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
If you had one of these cloud based phones, you be in good shape. With "revolutionary" Nokia, you are only left with visual memories.
You could turn Sync on, and it syncs anytime there is new data, but, Sync is not Music, Movies and the Lot, Just contact, Calendar Data, Notes, and i cannot remember what else, Bookmarks i think?

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ United Kingdom
i think he was assuming that he would use the, Tv as a monitor, But forgot that, the digitizer which makes the phone touchscreen is broken as well.

So it would not work.

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
A phone repair shop could order a replacement screen and fit it etc for way cheaper than buying a new phone, if everything else seems fine, and if you follow vitaminJ's advice you could do it way cheaper than a repair shop, taking the screen off is surprisingly easy on N9's.
But then again having at least most of one spare could be handy for ya.

Tags
backup, broken, screen