Active Topics

@cotyrocksteady: If you see the NOKIA logo, you can flash. If you already upgraded to PR1.2, you might have to use an image with a higher variant code - Northern Europe is 001, so if your phone has e.g. 005 right now, you have to use an 005, 006, or 009 image instead. Check out the guide I put together.

[UPDATE] now my phone works, but still with that warning every startup.
I did flash the emmc. then after I used
flasher -f -F pr12image.bin --flash-only=cmt -v
then
flasher -f -F pr12image.bin --flash-only=nolo
then
flasher -f -F ,pr12image.bin --flash-only=kernel

but when I did the
flasher -f -F pr12image.bin --flash-only=rootfs

it gives error so I think my file is corrupted. (but I wonder how because I think hours before, I tried to flash the same image and I got it successful. so means not corrupted. oh well dont know why) so I just downloaded the rootfs again at it successfuly installed it.

But then, it still has this warning message every start up.

The Following User Says Thank You to ssjmec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 135 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ San Fran
Can someone tell me what can cause the HW ID of the N9 to change during flashing procedure or using NSU? I am totally stumped as to what could cause it. When trying to flash anything now the HW version isnt being recognized. It is no longer the typical 160x, 150x thats normally there

I can boot up in 1.1 but without IMEI as the CMT does not flash.

Last edited by warrentaye; 2012-03-02 at 21:51.

Originally Posted by warrentaye View Post
Can someone tell me what can cause the HW ID of the N9 to change during flashing procedure or using NSU? I am totally stumped as to what could cause it. When trying to flash anything now the HW version isnt being recognized. It is no longer the typical 160x, 150x thats normally there

I can boot up in 1.1 but without IMEI as the CMT does not flash.
try to flash only cmt of 1.2

The Following User Says Thank You to ssjmec For This Useful Post:
I want to thank all of you for your help I am updated and working now back in business. Also a word of warning to anyone changing their product code using NSS, DO NOT use NSS pro, its buggy and screws up the Hardware ID of the N9, use the older version.

I want to thank all of you for your help I am updated and working now back in business. Also a word of warning to anyone changing their product code using NSS, DO NOT use NSS pro, its buggy and screws up the Hardware ID of the N9, use the older version.
How were you able to recover?

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Yeah let alone changing the product code is completely unnecessary, but congrats, maemo.org is golden.

Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
How were you able to recover?

I recovered by flashing 1.2 cmt only using the method posted in the thread.

then, I used nss pro and change the product code to 160300, this forces the hw code back to normal, then used the old nss to fix the product code.

I fell into this trap as well. My phone's product code (050L3S6) never gets updates fast enough and only accepts the cmt-mcusw portion of the flash from very specific regions only (I wrote about it here some time ago: http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4728&page=15).

That being said, I used the new NSS (pro?) to change my product code, not realizing the bugger also changed my hw code to the same value. After saving the changes, I was unable to flash any image at all and nearly threw the handset out the bloody window. I found that by using the kernel and initrd from here: http://wiki.meego.com/N950/Fixing_MALF_state I could boot into a state where I could use NSS and NSS(pro) to fix the hw code and product code. Hopefully I won't ever have to flash again.. It's a proverbial detective novel each time.

then, I used nss pro and change the product code to 160300, this forces the hw code back to normal, then used the old nss to fix the product code.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Durham, UK

Did you have a record of your product number or is there somewhere to find this out?