Active Topics

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Aug 2014 @ England, UK
Nokia is the sick man of the mobile industry now, I don't see how buying Jolla would help them.

The two should be competitors imo.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I don't know if it's true but I've been told that Nokia's bureaucracy went so far that if you wanted your PC moved from the left side of the desk to the right, you were not allolwed to do it yourself, you had to raise an IT department ticket to do it for you. Such a company deserves to die. Sorry, Nokia.
Unless Nokia used self made experimental liquid cooling PCs.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by Paspie View Post
Nokia is the sick man of the mobile industry now, I don't see how buying Jolla would help them.

The two should be competitors imo.
Nokia got sick because it went to bed with "Lumia". Should have used protection.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
I've seen a Nokia N1 tablet for 2015 release....presuming Microsoft deal does not hinder Nokia here too, would this not be a sensible place to concentrate their efforts..I've seen a Jolla tablet too, but that runs sailfish not android, nokia could use bigger screen and increased power and hardware specs of a tablet and make sailfish or it's follow up OS a real winner (obviously it would run any app from anyone via emulators or natively without question).... something you can do on a full blown computer too.....

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Hence my, "I don't know if it's true"

Besides, how can you be so sure? Maybe Nokia is/was not such a company, but how do you know there isn't one somewhere?
I wouldn't be surprised if there are such companies out there. With all these "health" and "safety" regulations if an employee moved a computer by themselves and broke their back they might sue the company for damages.

Originally Posted by kureyon View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if there are such companies out there. With all these "health" and "safety" regulations if an employee moved a computer by themselves and broke their back they might sue the company for damages.

That's why you finish off the employee then and there. Dump the body. Erase the files.

Play it safe people.

I'm flattered

Jolla is still sleek, like the beginnings of Maemo OS, then Nokia actually took and interest and the bureaucracy ruined it. I'd rather Jolla stay and I hate this term but "Agile"