Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
No problem thank you !

Is this one right?
Code:
echo dedicated /sys/class/power_supply/bq24150a-0/mode
If the 5V (mipo's fix) joint is broken, do the 5V testpoint receive the charge? Because I'm starting to think that the problem is there.

EDIT: Answered by myself by using a tester on a broken N900. Indeed the 5V mipo's is connected to the 5V testpoint. So hopefully if I solder using the "russian" fix direcly on the right of that 5V mipo's point I finally get my damned 5V. Am I right?

EDIT2: In the N900 that i'm trying to repair the 5V Testpoint makes no noise with the tester when I touch the 5V mipo's point..but I can't see any damage in the path from the two points..

EDIT3: Solveeeed!!!!! I'ìve made a union with a cable between the testpoint and the 5V Mipo's point and now is charging!!! Thanks a lot for your help Estel I owe you a beeeeer!

Last edited by blackjack4it; 2014-11-28 at 16:50.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackjack4it For This Useful Post:
Hooray! Was just about to suggest giving the 5V testpad attempt a go, but refreshed page and noticed that you've, wisely, did it already. I'm glad that you got it working, now you "only" need to cram all those cables inside N900's case in some meaningful way. You've, probably, found a way to do it already, but in case you don't - cutting off parts of the black plastic beneath microSD secondary board gives lot of space to run cables through there (you just need to fix secondary board in place via some other means).

BTW, I wonder what the hell happened, that regular path got broken somehow? Maybe micro-path inside multi-layer PCB got burned to crisps during initial soldering?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Hooray! Was just about to suggest giving the 5V testpad attempt a go, but refreshed page and noticed that you've, wisely, did it already. I'm glad that you got it working, now you "only" need to cram all those cables inside N900's case in some meaningful way. You've, probably, found a way to do it already, but in case you don't - cutting off parts of the black plastic beneath microSD secondary board gives lot of space to run cables through there (you just need to fix secondary board in place via some other means).

BTW, I wonder what the hell happened, that regular path got broken somehow? Maybe micro-path inside multi-layer PCB got burned to crisps during initial soldering?

/Estel
I wonder too what the hell happened

Ladies and gentlemen...the resurrected N900!

I've put the cables under the black plastic as you suggested ! Thanks Estel!

Is this dear having external USB port for charging? Nice! Just don't try to get into plane, with it. I'm glad you found suggestions of cable placement useful. By using more thin, or special flat cables, you could even fit the whole "wireness" inside N900's case, without anything looking suspicious from outside (while still using "regular" port for charging). Unless you're after cyberpunk look and don'r care about airplane security,in which case I'm with you

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Is this dear having external USB port for charging? Nice! Just don't try to get into plane, with it. I'm glad you found suggestions of cable placement useful. By using more thin, or special flat cables, you could even fit the whole "wireness" inside N900's case, without anything looking suspicious from outside (while still using "regular" port for charging). Unless you're after cyberpunk look and don'r care about airplane security,in which case I'm with you

/Estel
I don't have preferences about the look so cyberpunk is good for me too yeah, it isn't good in the next days I'll try to fit them inside because that solution is weak when the N900 is in my pocket since the cables aren't fixed well so they move a bit. If I'll succeed the next post will be "Guess which is the resurrected one from these two N900's"

Please Can Any one Tell me how to check that the TestPoint on my N900 is working and where is the 5V point located on the board ?
thanks in advance

The Following User Says Thank You to warlock-993 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75920

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Sorry for very long time away but..even if three months later..Guess which is the resurrected one from these two N900's?

Estel, I've achieved to put cables inside !

Last edited by blackjack4it; 2015-02-23 at 09:33. Reason: (bad date reading)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blackjack4it For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by blackjack4it View Post
Sorry for very long time away but..even if three months later..Guess which is the resurrected one from these two N900's?

http://i.imgur.com/tZ1Dvld.jpg?1

Estel, I've achieved to put cables inside !
The left one? Just a guess [shrugging]

Thank you. Best wishes.

Thank you Wikiwide you were "right", is the left one !

Anyway, best wishes to you too!

Tags
test points, usb port