Active Topics

Originally Posted by zapotek View Post
mini bluetooth keyboard i have the first one :-D
http://www.play247.gr/index.php?main...536f29481e57b9
How does that work with the N9?

I tried to pair mine with a diNovo edge, to try it out. Pairing works an from the icon it looks like the N9 recognizes it as a keyboard. On the bluetooth page for the device it says "HID" in supported profiles. Has anyone had any success using a bluetooth KB with the N9 (or N950)?

The Following User Says Thank You to Vaskinn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Athens Greece
Originally Posted by Vaskinn View Post
How does that work with the N9?

I tried to pair mine with a diNovo edge, to try it out. Pairing works an from the icon it looks like the N9 recognizes it as a keyboard. On the bluetooth page for the device it says "HID" in supported profiles. Has anyone had any success using a bluetooth KB with the N9 (or N950)?
sorry but i dont have my phone yet at the and off the month i will have it and then i will test it.

The Following User Says Thank You to zapotek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Anyone have availability info on the CC-3015 from Nokia? Pretty funky looking so it's got my interest...

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
missing my hardware keyboard from my N9, I decided to take matters into my own hand. I've bought this flipout keyboard from ebay:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/270784165...84.m1439.l2649

I am going to find a way to mod it for the N9. A lot of cutting needed perhaps

The Following User Says Thank You to Storm_11 For This Useful Post:
^why would you ruin such a beautiful piece of hardware with that atrocious looking thing?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unfuccwittable For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
^why would you ruin such a beautiful piece of hardware with that atrocious looking thing?
...I want a hardware keyboard. N950 not available to end users. enough said

Originally Posted by zapotek View Post
nvisible Shield SCREEN Cover http://www.ebay.com/itm/IPG-Nokia-N9...#ht_5536wt_876
I ordered the full-body protector kit and I do not recommend it. The cuts were not accurate for the camera/sensor holes and left a few millimeters gap between the top of the screen and the casing (the bottom portion of the protector was aligned flush to the casing). once I got the protector applied with the water/soap mix, I did not like the feel at all. Perhaps it needed to dry first, but it was not a smooth touch (rubbery) and air bubbles/stress marks were visible everywhere even though I applied with the squeegee. it looked a mess if you angled it beneath the light a certain way and made the N9 feel like a cheap phone.

I used the protector for the metal camera frame on the back (comes with the full kit). Again, it's several millimeters too short to fit perfectly, but it should prevent scratches to the metal and it was easy to apply because it was small. the rest of the full body kit comes with pieces to apply everywhere else and I'm not even going to bother, will just use the rubber case that came with the N9.

For reference I'm coming from using a Vikuiti DQC-160 screen protector for the N900 for 2 years which required no adhesive to apply, which I prefer. I think I'm going to try out their CV8 protector since it seems like the DQC kind of protector (would like to hear opinions on it or other protectors).

http://www.protectionfilms24.com/art...-n9-57388.html

EDIT: actually may go with the Vikuiti adqc27 instead.

http://www.protectionfilms24.com/art...-n9-57387.html

Last edited by Drekkie; 2011-10-30 at 00:18.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post:
Thanks for posting. I'm going to try the CV8.

I got another screen protector (no soaping required) on ebay but the cut is atrocious. It only covered the screen not the entire front glass. Looks and feels terrible.

I'm going to keep it on until I get this one. I hope they cut it right.

The Following User Says Thank You to jonnyl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger on these right here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/9x-Hard-Rubb...item35b585276f
Was wondering how it went with your purchase and would you recommend it?

Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
I ordered the full-body protector kit and I do not recommend it. The cuts were not accurate for the camera/sensor holes and left a few millimeters gap between the top of the screen and the casing (the bottom portion of the protector was aligned flush to the casing). once I got the protector applied with the water/soap mix, I did not like the feel at all. Perhaps it needed to dry first, but it was not a smooth touch (rubbery) and air bubbles/stress marks were visible everywhere even though I applied with the squeegee. it looked a mess if you angled it beneath the light a certain way and made the N9 feel like a cheap phone.

I used the protector for the metal camera frame on the back (comes with the full kit). Again, it's several millimeters too short to fit perfectly, but it should prevent scratches to the metal and it was easy to apply because it was small. the rest of the full body kit comes with pieces to apply everywhere else and I'm not even going to bother, will just use the rubber case that came with the N9.

For reference I'm coming from using a Vikuiti DQC-160 screen protector for the N900 for 2 years which required no adhesive to apply, which I prefer. I think I'm going to try out their CV8 protector since it seems like the DQC kind of protector (would like to hear opinions on it or other protectors).

http://www.protectionfilms24.com/art...-n9-57388.html

EDIT: actually may go with the Vikuiti adqc27 instead.

http://www.protectionfilms24.com/art...-n9-57387.html
I received the Vikuiti adqc27 and applied it. Better than the original screen I tried, but still not perfect or ideal. It's pretty much the same as the Vikuiti DQC-160 if you used that for the N900, just cut (barely) for the N9.

Pros: It's easy to apply (no adhesive, just goes straight on); it can be reused. It doesn't alter the swiping experience much, its just not as smooth as glass but that's understandable. The swipe is much better with this than the previous protector, where it was rubbery and my finger would get stuck on the rubber when swiping.

Cons: It still isn't cut perfectly. It is 2-3 millimeters short on each long side, wherre the glass is still exposed between the protector and the stock rubber case. Also, the corners and edges keep rising up due to the tapered nature of the screen. I've smoothed them out for minutes but it does no good. They don't rise high enough where I think I would catch a corner on something and accidentally peel off the protector, but it's ugly and ruins the aesthetic of the phone design.

So basically, the adqc27 is a step in the right direction but still not perfect or ideal. I think I'm just gonna go raw and just trust the gorilla glass w/ no protection. It will look and feel better that way, and hopefully I won't get burnt (note, I only have this attitude towards *phones* lol).

Unless someone else can recommend a protector that works, I think I'm through with trial and error here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post: