Active Topics

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 579 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Požega, Croatia
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
peterleichnen offered testing a long time ago, can you get in touch with him and give him something to test?
Problem is that userspace also has to be able to use HW and we don't have all the bits and peaces there yet. For now I'm concentrating at doing as much kernel work as possible and once that gets done I'll move onto stuff in Mer that needs work in order to have something usable/testable.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to filip.pz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by filip.pz View Post
Problem is that userspace also has to be able to use HW and we don't have all the bits and peaces there yet. For now I'm concentrating at doing as much kernel work as possible and once that gets done I'll move onto stuff in Mer that needs work in order to have something usable/testable.
And what if we simply used Debian?

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2016 @ France
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Friendly reminder that a fully functional. Black. 64G (scandinavia) N9 is waiting a proper home.
Allthough. With this good progress i will probably regret LOL. (Just kidding. Ping me and its on its way)
Hi,

I'm hoping to move from using a Jolla Phone as my daily device back to an N9, and I'd love to try my hand at developing for the N9. I have an N9 with a dying/yellowing screen, and intermittent battery issues. The issue is, I need a reliable N9 for my daily device, and another for coding on (I'm beginning to learn C to better understand how the computers I use work).

Also have an N900 sitting in my drawer, and I'm running exclusively Debian on my Nokia Booklet 3G (LXDE) and on a mid-2009 MacBook Pro (GNOME classic), so I'm interested in testing Debian on the N900. I'm also a bitcoin user, and if I can help port a HD bitcoin wallet to the N9, I'd be really happy.

If your black 64G N9 is still looking for a proper home, I'm interested. I live in France. Send me a direct message, via twitter @jkepler or reply with your email address, and I'll send you my details.

Thanks for considering my request.

Joel

Last edited by jkepler; 2016-08-13 at 21:58. Reason: hiding my email

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jkepler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
We now have Maemo Leste builds for the N950 and N9 running with mainline Linux plus a few patches so I thought it would be a good time to revive this thread. Many thanks to Filip, Sebastian and Pavel who are the main guys who made this possible.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post: