Active Topics

It is with great sadness that I am obliged to inform the world of the impending death of my AC-10E.

After many years of loyal service, charging two N900s, an N9 and two Jollas it appears to be developing a fault in its's cable.

Even though it suffered the indignity of having it's connector filed down to avoid damaging the fragile N900 connector it ithe only charger I've ever had that could charge any telephone, including deep discharged N900's.

It's only regret is that it didn't last long enough to charge a Neo900.

RIP.

No flowers by request.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JohnHughes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
My deepest compassion!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
There's 100s of AC-10E chargers on ebay and Amazon.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
I've been meaning to order a new one for a while (AC-10X IIRC in the UK). The outer black plastic of the lead about 10cm from the USB connector is cracked in a few places and exposing the other leads inside. Still works but not trusting it 100% as a result. Still, after years of use I suppose it's allowed to be a little worse for wear. It has never suffered from being filed down, the USB charger in the phone is still rock solid without any mods to strengthen it.

On a similar note, the Ethernet lead to my router seems to be suffering a similar fate. For some reason the black solid(non-braided) plastic outer casing has started to, for want of a better word, unravel. Imagine pushing the ends of a twisted rope together so the middle piece becomes loose, that's what its like.

Makes me wonder if at this rate I'll have to start treating all the leads for PC/Laptop/Phone with something.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
There's 100s of AC-10E chargers on ebay and Amazon.
I guess that one was unique...Mine still works...Well...in fact i feel a bit ashamed to tell you that it is charging my android phone

The Following User Says Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by JohnHughes View Post
It is with great sadness that I am obliged to inform the world of the impending death of my AC-10E.
As said above.

After many years of loyal service, charging two N900s, an N9 and two Jollas it appears to be developing a fault in its's cable.
Same here. But fault in cable is more a break (fixed with duct and electric tape). Luckily I have two other.
And I can add one tablet to that line.

Even though it suffered the indignity of having it's connector filed down to avoid damaging the fragile N900 connector it ithe only charger I've ever had that could charge any telephone, including deep discharged N900's.
I filed down all of mine (incl. single USB cables) to keep n900 USB intact.

It's only regret is that it didn't last long enough to charge a Neo900.
We will see ...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post: