Notices

pidgin still owns this.
except that when u minimize it and go back, u have to hit the menu for the buddy list to appear

alright I got the contacts to work again (not sure how or why) but now the new problem is once I add a yahoo account, the AIM field in the contact details section disappears and the icon becomes a yahoo icon. When I remove the yahoo account, the AIM icon appears next to a screename and if you go to add field, it's showing up, but if you add the yahoo account again, it disappears from the add field and gets labeled as a yahoo contact.

Not sure if this is a bug, but it might have something to do with the fact that my account name on aim and yahoo are exactly the same. Curious if this is also just my luck?

Ok, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong so maybe SOMEONE can help me. When this update first came out in January, I downloaded it, had no problem and worked perfectly. A couple weeks ago, my n800 crashed and resulted in my having to reflash it. Unfortunately I can no longer get this working I can download the installer fine, but whenever I run it, it says "Unable to install.
Software contains updates to packages installed from a different source and is likely to harm the system.
Contact software author.
Continue installing?"

When I click ok it loads for a second and then says "unable to install rtcom-beta-os2008"

Any advice?

UPDATE: Now it seems that I can't install ANYTHING not even first party nokia apps...

Last edited by Phaze94; 2008-03-25 at 02:14.

Originally Posted by pwsn View Post
everything works fine after the install. logging into msn is fine. only problem is i can't initiate a chat session with any of my msn contacts, but if they initiate the chat, i can reply no problem. is this a known bug?
Are you using the same address for multiple IM accounts? I had this problem when my Google Talk and MSN addresses were the same. I couldn't find any solution so I disabled my MSN account

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Wonder when final version comes out...

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Originally Posted by Mika73 View Post
Wonder when final version comes out...
I'm a little worried about that as there are some serious "presense" bugs that I've seen on multiple units running the RTCOM beta. They are in Bugzilla but there hasn't been any comment yet. I think the hard part is the some of them people wouldn't see unless they are testing things with contacts they control.

The Following User Says Thank You to Moonshine For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by paps View Post
alright I got the contacts to work again (not sure how or why) but now the new problem is once I add a yahoo account, the AIM field in the contact details section disappears and the icon becomes a yahoo icon. When I remove the yahoo account, the AIM icon appears next to a screename and if you go to add field, it's showing up, but if you add the yahoo account again, it disappears from the add field and gets labeled as a yahoo contact.

Not sure if this is a bug, but it might have something to do with the fact that my account name on aim and yahoo are exactly the same. Curious if this is also just my luck?
I'll just tack on another bug I'm noticing. Checking the contact details anyone with an AIM account is showing up with a Yahoo icon instead. If I click on a merged contact and select Chat, i get a list of all their accounts, but also many duplicates of their AIM account to choose from. If I scroll down to the bottom, I'll see the correct list with status icons next to them, so I know that's what I should choose. To add to this twist, if I go in and edit contact details and delete a blank field (Gizmo Phone or Link-local if the contact doesn't have one), the field will return after I close, but going back and retrying to chat with a merged contact doesn't show the duplicate fields anymore.

Fun stuff, anyone else dealing with this? I still think this may be related to the fact that both my yahoo and aim account share the exact same screename, but I doubt I'm the only one who uses the same name on multiple protocols.

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
GRrrr... (much swearing deleted)

I was trying to get vcards to import so I was importing and deleting contacts... and it wiped the people from my BUDDY LIST!

BAD BUG!!!

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
I'm a little worried about that as there are some serious "presense" bugs that I've seen on multiple units running the RTCOM beta. They are in Bugzilla but there hasn't been any comment yet. I think the hard part is the some of them people wouldn't see unless they are testing things with contacts they control.
+1 Presence issues. That's what I'm hoping to see fixed. This is a primary feature for me and having it work properly is more important to me than new features. xmmp is where presence is very useful and where I'm seeing the bugs. stand alone apps seem to work but I want the simple "accounts" presence to work better, the apps kick off from there.

why were these upgrades not included in diablo?

Tags
instant messaging, rtcomm