I was eager to see how Hulu worked w/ the Nokia N800.... I'm sorry to say that the answer is "not very well". It looks like Flash 9 on the Nokia is just not quite up to displaying Hulu video. Has anyone had a decent experience with Hulu? If so, what is your configuration?

Gary Walborn
gwalborn@gmail.com

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Kansas
Gary;

I was trying to get my Nokia N810 to work with Hulu just last night.

The first time I tried it BOTH the video and audio had a number of "drop outs" -- to the point that it was pretty much un-intelligible. On my second attempt, the audio played perfectly, but the video would freeze up and only display a new image every few seconds. It appeared that as I watched more and more of the episode the video continued to lag farther and farther behind.

I was definitely disappointed with the performance. I had not heard of HULU.COM before last night. I was simply channel surfing and noticed it on the G4.TV channel on that screwy "Attack of the Show" episode.

I hope someone can provide us with more information as to how to make this function on the Internet Tablet.

I had access to hulu in beta and on my 810 the audio was "spot on". the video framerate is too much for the n810...it is sorta fun to "watch" family guy in freeze frame

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Well considering it's lagging on my 10mbit DSL connection and quad core box, I'd say you could be experiencing just about anything on the tablet

Anyone been able to use clipnabber (or some other youtube grabber) to capture Hulu files?

Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
Well considering it's lagging on my 10mbit DSL connection and quad core box, I'd say you could be experiencing just about anything on the tablet
then i would say your system has issues. Perhaps your broadband connection
is not so broad. I was in on the Hulu Beta and had no issues at all. And I
aam on a lowly C2D T7200 w/4gb RAM.

The reason Hulu blows on the tablets is it's big pipe video, some is even HD. That
won't work well on the tablets. I did email the Hulu folks asking if they would consider
some lower bandwidth versions of their content.. Never heard anything back.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Kansas
Good idea, brecklundin. I did the same!

Originally Posted by ClarenceGWhite View Post
Good idea, brecklundin. I did the same!
great!! maybe if they get enogh interest from small device users it might get some
notice. can't hurt to try..

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Maryland
Bumping this. Anyone hear any new information or have any sucess running Hulu videos on your N810's?

I'm no help with the Hulu question, but I did get a Hava player and I can now watch my Dish DVR's programs on my N810 (and E71). Love it.

The Following User Says Thank You to coolbreeze For This Useful Post: