Active Topics

Notices

The connection dialog popup is a known problem, although it is not clear why it appears. We connect to QHostAddress::LocalHost so basically I'd blame Qt for being silly, but maybe we need to create some kind of workaround.

There would be some overhead starting and stopping lircd for each button press, but maybe some kind of idle timeout could be devised. We'll take that into consideration.

edit: there seems to be long standing bug in maemo that causes the connection popup: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1767

Last edited by zokier; 2010-06-04 at 06:54.

I can't seem to get this wo work with my xbox. This and qtIrreco

Brilliant widget, works realy well

The Following User Says Thank You to matts76 For This Useful Post:
The xbox_360 remote should work right?

Or does my xbox need to search for it?

Originally Posted by vinz486 View Post
One question: this widget starts and let it running the lirc daemon all the time?

Qtirreco starts and stop it to save battery: can this daemon do the same?
Version 0.1-5 has now an idle timeout mechanism that stops lirc daemon after a time of inactivity. The time is 300 seconds by default, and configurable via "idleTimeout" variable

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zokier For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
The xbox_360 remote should work right?

Or does my xbox need to search for it?
I looked at Microsoft_Xbox360 remote, and it seems like it could work with a bit of configuration, which may be tricky to do. Basically you would need to match the commands bound to each button to correct command in lircd.conf. You can configure the commands bound to buttons in advanced settings dialog.

That said, the remote database is currently very much work in progress, and we are excepting to create something more userfriendly. Currently we use remote database from LIRC but it is way too messy to be used in a plug'n'play fashion.

We could either begin cleaning it up, but it requires a lot of manual work, so we'd prefer not to (there are over 3000 remotes currently, and we would need to go through each one and make it uniform with the others). Other option could be starting from a clean slate and begin collecting our own database based on user submissions. That would require some code to support a way to submit remotes etc, and an active userbase.

The Following User Says Thank You to zokier For This Useful Post:
Another thing, scrolling is a bit buggy

I also had a trouble with my PCI Winfast DTV 1000 card. I had to change the config from (CH+, CH-, VOL+, VOL-) to (UP, DOWN, RIGHT, LEFT). Now its working great.
Scrolling is buggy and also editing the settings is really hard sometimes (very small area to click on).

Any chance to control more devices in next releases ? I need to control my TV and sound system (Genius SW 5.1, which is supported btw).

Last edited by Austinek; 2010-06-04 at 14:56.

Can someone please create a remote for JVC RM-C1014 ? I tried using a different one JVC_RM-C1100.

If someone could even explain how I can go about creating one and perhaps updating it then I'd try it out myself.

Thanks in advance.

/xuggs

update: just went to my cousins place he had a panasonic viera !! guess what it worked like a charm !! 5 foot distance as u say !!

can i have a remote of the company named VIDEOCON (its famous in india, i dont know bot the world :P) i have a lcd tv 32"!! can someone make remotes for that?