Actually, a body guard might be a better idea.
http://www.bodyguardforhire.com/

Oooo, do you think I might need to get my N900 inoculated?

Two words: handgun ownership. After this long wait, I might even hire a couple of thugs to help protect my new precious.

On a serious note, I'm a big fan of Phantom Skinz, and I'll wait for them to offer a template for the n900.

The plastic they use has just enough friction to help you hold on to a phone, but not so much that it interferes with the touch experience. I've used most of the major brand shield, and Phantom is my favorite.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
As far as resisting yellow tinge and body feel, I think Bodyguardz is better than Invisible Shield. But if you ever get any bubbles on 'body stickers' (like invisble shield or bodyguardz), especially on the edge, then say good bye to it within a week. The bubble will expand, gather dusts and becomes unsightly\unprotective very quickly. And bubbles in the corners\joints are very easy to develop, especially if you pocket your phones. I'd reckon you take it in\out of the pocket at least 50 times a day.

I've bought various phone protectors over the years, from $5 'condoms' to $150 leather cases (By vaja).. and they'd all be too thick\bulky\restrictive for the already-thick N900. So I'm just gonna use it nude, with a good matte screen protector, unless I go 'outdoor'.
My concern has always been more about dropping it. As careful as I have been with the n800, I still managed to drop it <10 times in the time I've owned it. Granted there's not much to show the damage besides a few body scratches that are purely cosmetic.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by sirflyalot View Post
9mm Glock.

I have owned countless gadgets and never bought carrying case or a screen protector as i feel the devices should be able to hold it in its own. I don't nurse my devices, but neither do i keep keys in a same pocket as my pmp or a phone.
This time thought hearing how easily the N900 screen is supposed to get scratched i ordered screen protector with my N900.

To all finns, got that screen protector from verkkis. Got any idea if it's any good?
http://www.verkkokauppa.com/popups/p...o.php?id=26149

Last edited by tissot; 2009-11-08 at 17:26.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
My concern has always been more about dropping it. As careful as I have been with the n800, I still managed to drop it <10 times in the time I've owned it. Granted there's not much to show the damage besides a few body scratches that are purely cosmetic.
Chalk one up for portrait-mode ergonomics
During those 'emergencies' where you need to take your 'smartphone' out to make use of it one-handed, holding the device in the middle of the palm of your hand is just much more secure than holding an off-balance landscape-mode device with one hand.

ps: those people with boring lives without 'emergencies' need not reply to the above comment
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

HI

Anyone know if the screen protectors cover the proximity sensor like people have raised on previous posts, that if they do, it can cause issues?

Scott

Haha, that would help though I've managed to drop it when I hold the device in portrait mode as well (rotation support + Tear + Google Reader ).

I think it has to do with a loss of focus, cause I've also accidentally yanked the n800 when it was plugged into a charger off a stand when I was trying to remove another power cable leading to a lamp. That's how the charger pin got bent >.< .

On a side note: I've noticed two things.. there's no car charger present in the n900 box (gotta buy your own or a DC to USB adapter I guess). And there's no carry lanyard like there is for cameras (though the n900 does come with a hole for one). That would be useful in preventing accidentally drops in landscape mode.

Edit: It also seems to fall out of your pockets alot too, it's happened to me twice when I was getting out of a car from the passenger side.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
As far as resisting yellow tinge and body feel, I think Bodyguardz is better than Invisible Shield. But if you ever get any bubbles on 'body stickers' (like invisble shield or bodyguardz), especially on the edge, then say good bye to it within a week. The bubble will expand, gather dusts and becomes unsightly\unprotective very quickly. And bubbles in the corners\joints are very easy to develop, especially if you pocket your phones. I'd reckon you take it in\out of the pocket at least 50 times a day.

I've bought various phone protectors over the years, from $5 'condoms' to $150 leather cases (By vaja).. and they'd all be too thick\bulky\restrictive for the already-thick N900. So I'm just gonna use it nude, with a good matte screen protector, unless I go 'outdoor'.
@ysss where did you say your getting the matte screen protector? ( link if you can please, US version...)

I took some advice from here for a screen protector for my N810 and it was not so good, I heard a cheap easy screen protector would be a ipod touch screen protector and to make it fit just cut it to the right size.. which was a waste of money since I obviously couldnt seem to cut the right freaking size all 6 or so times

then I thought I would just go ahead and get the full body invisisheld for it, which once I got it was okay for the large size sections but a nitemare for the little slivers ( that dnt really fit or match up ) the screen part was just like you guys said.. to mushy and made my accuracy worse along with the edges that got bubble prone and filled with lint and what not. MESS!

well needles to say the n900 has a flat screen so i wont have the screen issues of debris getting in the "tweens"... but If any one else has a good screen to recommend please do ( a non-squishy/ yellow pron durable one)

thanks

Last edited by jalladin; 2009-11-08 at 17:52.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Haha, that would help though I've managed to drop it when I hold the device in portrait mode as well (rotation support + Tear + Google Reader ).

I think it has to do with a loss of focus, cause I've also accidentally yanked the n800 when it was plugged into a charger off a stand when I was trying to remove another power cable leading to a lamp. That's how the charger pin got bent >.< .

On a side note: I've noticed two things.. there's no car charger present in the n900 box (gotta buy your own or a DC to USB adapter I guess). And there's no carry lanyard like there is for cameras (though the n900 does come with a hole for one). That would be useful in preventing accidentally drops in landscape mode.

Edit: It also seems to fall out of your pockets alot too, it's happened to me twice when I was getting out of a car from the passenger side.
Hehe yeah. Life happens. It's unfortunately a multiplayer game Other people/things can sometime drop your stuffs too.

IMHO the N7xx and N8xx had awkward size for pocketables. They're thin enough, but just a tad too big for most people's hands (one hand use) and pockets. My guess is that the N900 will not have the same problem, at least not to the same extent.

Re: Car charger:
I just buy a dc inverter and put a small USB charger on it. I sometimes charge my notebooks or other gadgets on it too. Between a (proper) wall power plug and the USB ports, it covers all possible future gadgets, I'd reckon..

Originally Posted by jalladin View Post
@ysss where did you say your getting the matte screen protector? ( link if you can please, US version...)
Unfortunately the brands that I've used in the past were japanese brands which I couldn't read myself Bought them in Singapore..

Btw, if I'm not mistaken, although the matte screen protectors are generally more resistant to scratches, the low quality matte ones can exhibit rainbow effects on the screen.. while the 'crystal' clear screen protectors have no visibility problems, but are more prone to scratches.

Oh, I also prefer the matte ones because they have this fine 'grit' feel, somewhat giving slight resistance to your stylus that it feels more like writing on paper than a glass.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Last edited by ysss; 2009-11-08 at 18:05.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Philadelphia, PA
Why doesn't Nokia release a sleeve for the N900 like the one that came with the N810? I loved that sleeve, it looked cool and really protected the device. C'mon Nokia!

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector