Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Exactly.

But to be honest, what would be the point of a Jolla without Android support?
Well, that seems an odd comment to me
Are you seriously suggesting that I have been using a device without a point for what, almost 3 years??

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Well, that seems an odd comment to me
Are you seriously suggesting that I have been using a device without a point for what, almost 3 years??
Noooo, you only quoted first half that is refuted by describing total desirable stuff as outcome in the second part and it is 100% ment as sarcasm!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Noooo, you only quoted first half that is refuted by describing total desirable stuff as outcome in the second part and it is 100% ment as sarcasm!
Yep.

It was sarcasm with a 'grainite' of salt in it.
For all of us here the Jolla as is (without AlienDalvik) could be enough (see above).
But as this is not the case, the only chance for them is to allow the evil to sneak in.

@juiceme, I still prefer my N900 and N9 as daily drivers and see them way ahead. And use the Jolla as toy or Android capable device.
I am not saying it has no point but .....
.... it could have been so much more

P.S.: but as time goes by and the world keeps spinning it might be that I will have to give in and use it more.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
I've got a Jolla C to give out, whoever missed out on the 2 chances to get it and plans to use it for development please PM me

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
So, answering myself, as part of the "Sailfish community device program" there's also access to webinars. The first ones are next week, and seemingly include "Sailfish tips and tricks" and one for the community translation tool*.

I assume that's something I'd want to keep. (Even if ironically I cannot make it to these two...)

* I have to ponder ... wouldn't it be better to invite actual active translators to that, rather than "community device program" members?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
* I have to ponder ... wouldn't it be better to invite actual active translators to that, rather than "community device program" members?
I would kinda assume that to be automatic, but who knows. Or maybe they want to recruit new translators.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Does usb otg supported in jolla c / Aqua fish ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pankos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ India
Originally Posted by Pankos View Post
Does usb otg supported in jolla c / Aqua fish ?
No.
USB OTG is not supported.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bhavin192 For This Useful Post:
No Sailfish os tutorial not even in SDK even in 2016?
Correct me if im wrong ...

The Following User Says Thank You to Pankos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
I got my Jolly C while I was on holiday. Now I'm back and while I'm setting it up, I have quite mixed feelings about it. At the moment I'm quite unsure if it is getting my daily driver or just a backup device.

Pros and cons from my view:

Pro:
  • Screen is brighter.
  • Input seems to be much more accurate (text input is so much easier).
  • Vibrator is more responsive - so you can use it for feedback when typing.
  • FM-Radio - But I don't think I need this
  • The form-factor is nicer to grip
  • Ringtone is louder
  • Dual SIM

Cons:
  • Colours are shown not as good as on Jolla1 - more difficult to differentiate
  • I really miss compass and gyroscope
  • The device is quite big - one hand action is not possible anymore (at least for me) and fits not in every pocket.

Well the performance is better on Jolla C but not significantly. The biggest difference is there on heavy multitasking. But I usually don't use more than 4 apps at once. The biggest pro for me is the MUCH better text input. It seems like I have to wait for official fairphone with sailfish.

...But to be honest. I'm not sure if it will come. I don't have the feeling that the aquafish is selling well. And if the guys from fairphone have the same feeling, they will be probably cautious.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla c, sailfish os