Notices

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Michigan, USA
Updated today, just like any other day, nothing unusual. OMWeather needed to update to 0.28.11 so I allowed it to update (didn't get a reboot warning message this time) and rebooted after updates were installed. Now, none of my widgets are showing up, I readded two of them and then tried to add OMWeather again. The widget never showed up, and when I went back to the other desktop (that I added the first two widgets too), and hildon-desktop was restarting and my widgets were gone again.

This seems to be an issue isolated only to the latest update of OMWeather as I've not had any issues with it until now.

I did reinstall OMWeather, and the widget worked until I tried to add a location for weather again, then I ran into the same issue.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
What other widgets did you start before? Which iconset are you using in omweather?
I ask, because the version 0.28.11(build3) is running fine here. Did you try to get rid of the config files (better make a backup of them) and start fresh. But a quick search here did not let me find the config files

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
same happened to me yesterday.
omweather is the widget list but when you try to install it, hikdon desktop crashes.
thw widgets i need to reload manually are email, personal dataplan, personal ip, pedometer.

this happens occasionally with stuff from testing. i have just enabled the foreca widget for now, and will retry omweather at the next update.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Yeah. same here as well. I updated, then om widget didn't show up on my desktop. So I tried re-adding it to my desktop, but it won't, and it also removes only certain other widgets. I'm not entirely sure, but it seemed to remove the third party widgets like desktop command, qbw and fm transmitter widget to name a few, but it left media player widget and ovi taskbar widget. Strange. At the moment, I have om weather disabled which is a bit of a pain. All other versions have been ok.

Last edited by bigears5000; 2011-02-21 at 08:16.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
What other widgets did you start before? Which iconset are you using in omweather?
I ask, because the version 0.28.11(build3) is running fine here. Did you try to get rid of the config files (better make a backup of them) and start fresh. But a quick search here did not let me find the config files
Just "Battery" and "System Info Widget" are the other 2 I started. Never had problems with them previously.

Using the default iconset in OMWeather and the config files got removed with OMWeather as when I reinstalled it none of my configuration was there.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Same here. Already did an uninstall and reinstall of omweather and first it worked but then when I switched two cities from gismeteo.ru to weather.com it crashed again. Might be because one of them has a slash in its name in weather.com and hasn't in gismeteo.ru. But not for sure if that's the reason.

Also don't know where the config file is stored.

It might be related to some gtk stuff as there were several warnings in syslog yesterday. Maybe all crashed widgets use some kind of gtk and therefore also crash.

BTW: when run from commandline it first lists all configured cities and then two lines with several 'd's and then it quits with segmentation fault.

Damn, I found the config file ... it's gconf and therefore can't be easily changed on the fly.

Just managed to get it working again but still don't have a clue where the problem is.
I uninstalled and reinstalled it again. I could then open the applet (the widget was still gone) and could delete all cities. I also disabled animation and already uninstalled all icon packs. Then I entered the cities again using gismeteo.ru only. It took some restarts of the desktop but for now it works again.
I guess it's related either to the stations in weather.com or to the animation or the cities names are processed in another way now or something completely different.

Will upload a logfile with many errors to main thread soon. Maybe there is sthg usable in.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Reading this I de-installed the new version from testing and re-installed from the stable branch (without reboots). Nothing broke for me.

Can you re-install from Extras and have everything cured?