I have an N9 question, if anyone can help answer, I would greatly appreciate it.

I was replacing the housing on my N9 because the sim tray latch on the original housing had broken and was not allowing the try to click in.

The dis assembly and reassembly seemed to go well, however when I turned it on, after about 40 seconds I got this error message "temperature too high device will be switched off'. The N9 then shuts off.

Not sure what I did wrong in reassembling it. Might it have something to do with the 1/2 inch square metal pad beneath the battery cover? does this provide heat sink for the chip underneath? If so, could I use heat sink compound for better cooling?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!
JP

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jp83 For This Useful Post:
You didn't have any problems with the side bar retained by three screws that needs to be rotated into position to secure battery cover securely? I'm sure you followed directions in Le55ons video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9u7r4j0atU
Probably carried out this procedure about 12 times and never yet seen this result!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the reply!

The side bar was slightly difficult to get into place, however I eventually got it in there and put the screws back in.

I did follow the Le55ons video, everything seemed to go exactly as described, other than followup error message when it was turned on.

Maybe I'll take it apart again & see if there's any difference once it gets back together.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jp83 For This Useful Post:
An update.. I disassembled the screen from the N9 and took off the battery cover and side bar. When I plugged the screen connectors back in, the phone turned on, with no error messages.

Once I screwed back in the battery cover and side bar & reconnected the screen, the same error message came up with the N9 was turned on.

I can't figure out what's happening once the battery cover is screwed down. Could it be it's not screwed down far enough so that the square pad isn't touching the chip underneath or perhaps the battery wires are being pinched? Any insight would be helpful.

The Following User Says Thank You to jp83 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland
I'll receive a full housing for replacement within next week. I'll give you a feedback if I notice something that could help you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tcheupa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Switzerland
OK, housing received, I've begun to disassemble my N9... 'till my cheap T4 Torx screwdriver damaged 2 screws. I don't know how to remove them now, any idea ?

Usually use "Dremel" to cut a horizontal slot across screw head myself.

Tags
nokia n9, service manual