Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
There are no or any upcoming new devices in the nearby future !

source- Jolla service and Support.

Last edited by aQUICK1; 2014-07-25 at 15:52. Reason: extra add

Are you saying the rumors of a 2015 device are not true aQUICK1? Or do you mean by nearby future through the end of 2014?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
"Nearby future" would be 2014.

And as I said...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...84#post1428984

@ all who is following this thread, i got the info directly from Jolla !
No need to argue or shoot the messenger, if some have another point of view , whatever it is, please confirm with ur source, greetz

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Who's arguing with you or "shooting the messenger"...
I must say though; "nearby future" is meaningless, best case it = "not this yr", worst case it = "not until Dec. 2015 or Q1 2016"*, it's hardly worth debating.
Hopefully by ~Dec. they'll be able to say which Q or H they hope to commence shipping J2, until then, I doubt they'll say more than "not the near future".

*If it's that late it's prolly too late, & possibly curtains for Jolla

Last edited by jalyst; 2014-07-26 at 08:46.

Ok argue was wrong choice of word, but ur reply says enough, and they said only that and not more, directly from Jolla, no point of doubt, and yes i do hope so they come sooner with a Jolla 2, greetz

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Tomato Tomato...As long as its not called Jolla 2 we will be fine

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Tomato Tomato...As long as its not called Jolla 2 we will be fine
OK Jolla 1.1 sounds better, coco, coco nuts.

"There are no or any upcoming new devices in the nearby future"
Not shooting the messenger, just saying that means nothing. Nearby future can mean anything and the "info" is coming from Jolla service and Support.

Main question I have been thinking is that should Jolla still force their own phones out there? I have been shouting the gospel of smartphones as we know them becoming commodities in couple of years, and it does seem to be the case looking at Chinese manufacturers (OPPO/OnePlus, Xiaomi and Lenovo this year) walk in to West. Samsung, LG and other established Android manufacturers can't ask anywhere near prices they are asking now as the business turns in to selling toilet paper, pencils, feature phones etc.

In a way Jolla isn't badly positioned for this as their manufacturing is mainly centered around procurement management, rather than any manufacturing or major hardware R&D of their own. Same goes for these Chinese companies.

What they do lack is capital and big volumes. I'm still not totally sure how they are going to achieve sustainability.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
"There are no or any upcoming new devices in the nearby future"
Not shooting the messenger, just saying that means nothing. Nearby future can mean anything and the "info" is coming from Jolla service and Support.

Main question I have been thinking is that should Jolla still force their own phones out there? I have been shouting the gospel of smartphones as we know them becoming commodities in couple of years, and it does seem to be the case looking at Chinese manufacturers (OPPO/OnePlus, Xiaomi and Lenovo this year) walk in to West. Samsung, LG and other established Android manufacturers can't ask anywhere near prices they are asking now as the business turns in to selling toilet paper, pencils, feature phones etc.

In a way Jolla isn't badly positioned for this as their manufacturing is mainly centered around procurement management, rather than any manufacturing or major hardware R&D of their own. Same goes for these Chinese companies.

What they do lack is capital and big volumes. I'm still not totally sure how they are going to achieve sustainability.
But its not like vendors standing in line to release a device with sail...how das that fit in your equation?

There options are very limited. I doubt they can afford to not creat a second unit to stay in the game and they have to do it soon if they want any sales.

Start ups with money wants expansion and growth before sales but do jolla have the investors for that risky game?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-07-27 at 07:14.

Tags
jolla, jolla 2