Active Topics

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Well, I finished (for now) my work on VKB (check here if you want to know the result) so I am back.
In short - I am continuing with all this stuff, but don't hold your breath for the new update, I really want new CSSU-testing out first, so I will base the new CSSU-thumb on top of it. Hopefully the new CSSU-T update should be out in a week or something. In the meanwhile I am going to work on a kernel to be included in CSSU ( -testing for start, if everything works as it should it will go to stable some day), which will be used as a foundation of future merge of -thumb and -testing (and hopefully stable). But again, don't hold your breath, it will take time
That is great to hear, and I agree with the plan. Thanks for your work, my N900 loves you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
New small update (v. T4-thumb16) is out.

EDIT:
More to come when new CSSU-testing is out

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-09-04 at 17:55.

The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Just wanted to say 'thank you' for your work on this, freemangordon (and everyone else involved). I switched my main phone to -thumb the other day after a couple of weeks playing with it on my testing device, both working beautifully.
Keep up the great work!

Guys, new CSSU-testing update is on its way, DO NOT UPDATE if asked.

Keeping -thumb versions lower than -testing has been agreed between me and merlin1991 just in case a critical update should be released and I am unable to do it for -thumb in a timely manner. No such event now

You'll have to wait a couple of days (or maybe a week) for the new -thumb update (equal to -testing), I will be on holiday until Sunday so will start maybe on Monday. So hopefully the new -thumb will be out by Wendsday next week.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-09-05 at 20:46.

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
@freemangordon so when new thumb update is released we update both thumb and cssu-testing, is that it?

waiting for update :-)

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
If you would look into the versions of the 'to-be-upgraded' packages, you would notice the increase in packages versioned thumbX, meaning : Work in progress!
Let's just wait!

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
If you would look into the versions of the 'to-be-upgraded' packages, you would notice the increase in packages versioned thumbX, meaning : Work in progress!
Let's just wait!
Yeah, I am preparing the new update, I will try to push it tomorrow.

Community SSU developer

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
After reading all the benefits ,it seems attractive and guddy but still ,how much better this is than that of cssu stable ? Any short precise answer could do for me and also i need an advice on this prior to any installation that whether i should go for it or i shouldnt.tiA

Originally Posted by imo View Post
After reading all the benefits ,it seems attractive and guddy but still ,how much better this is than that of cssu stable ? Any short precise answer could do for me and also i need an advice on this prior to any installation that whether i should go for it or i shouldnt.tiA
If you decide to go for -thumb, wait for the new update first.

Community SSU developer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life