So, are you having trouble installing GTalk for the N9?

I tried installing GTalk for the N9 on my device. I already upgraded to PR1.2 two days ago via NaviFirm+ clean install.

Initially, I downloaded the app from the Store. During the installation process, my phone restarted. I thought it was all part of the process. Upon boot up, I can't see any GTalk icon (am I supposed to see one?).

Tried to go back to the shop. It says there the application is already installed, but when I click the "Launch" button this shows:

Tried to redownload, this time this error shows:

I already tried to uninstall GTalk from the Applications settings, but each time I attempt to install the app, my phone reboots in the middle of the installation - well the process becomes a vicious cirlce from there on....

Am I missing something here?

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
So, are you having trouble installing GTalk for the N9?

I tried installing GTalk for the N9 on my device. I already upgraded to PR1.2 two days ago via NaviFirm+ clean install.

Initially, I downloaded the app from the Store. During the installation process, my phone restarted. I thought it was all part of the process. Upon boot up, I can't see any GTalk icon (am I supposed to see one?).

Tried to go back to the shop. It says there the application is already installed, but when I click the "Launch" button this shows:

Tried to redownload, this time this error shows:

I already tried to uninstall GTalk from the Applications settings, but each time I attempt to install the app, my phone reboots in the middle of the installation - well the process becomes a vicious cirlce from there on....

Am I missing something here?
Setup google under accounts and then initiate gtalk video call from contacts or phone app.

I actually have Google setup under Accounts prior to the installation

Is there supposed to be an icon of the GTalk after installation? I never got to see one, (or know if there should be one) since I got into trouble from the start, installing the app.

Thanks!

Last edited by BlinkThinks; 2012-03-01 at 04:23.

no problem on installation for me

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
for it to work it requires one of your gtalk contacts to be online and have a device supporting video calls. It works here.

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
I actually have Google setup under Accounts prior to the installation

Is there supposed to be an icon of the GTalk after installation? I never got to see one, (or know if there should be one) since I got into trouble from the start, installing the app.

Thanks!
There is no desktop icon for this app. This a plugin to enable gtalk video call from within phone/contacts app. Just select an online contact and pick video call option. Simple as that.

The Following User Says Thank You to dsawhney For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dsawhney View Post
There is no desktop icon for this app. This a plugin to enable gtalk video call from within phone/contacts app. Just select an online contact and pick video call option. Simple as that.
Ok, thanks. Will re-flash PR1.2 to the phone, and do a clean install from scratch.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
for it to work it requires one of your gtalk contacts to be online and have a device supporting video calls. It works here.
Indeed. Unfortunately, I can't even install it in the first place Thanks!

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
where is the video call option? I cant find it

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Timisoara, Romania
You need to set in Accounts - Google - Google Talk to ON and in Availability - Google Talk to Online.
After that, your contacts from Gmail server are imported in phone and now you find under Services on every Contact GTalk, like Skype. If one of your contacts are online, you can make a video+audio call (or just an audio call) or a text chat.