Notices

This has been killing me for three days.

I've been changing up the original NSeries theme, darkening some elements - slight color changes, things like that. Everything comes out perfectly except for a generic button.

The element I'm trying to change is the normal thumb button, as in, click Conversations, and it's the one used for New SMS and New IM as well as many many many other buttons throughout the OS. That's the button I want to change. I want it darkened - almost black - so I've been using the GIMP as well as WinSCP to edit and replace. Every other theme element changes upon cycling the themes but this one refuses to change. Can anyone tell me exactly what the image is called?

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
you can ask D-Iivil.

he might help you

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Originally Posted by mattbutsko View Post
This has been killing me for three days.

I've been changing up the original NSeries theme, darkening some elements - slight color changes, things like that. Everything comes out perfectly except for a generic button.

The element I'm trying to change is the normal thumb button, as in, click Conversations, and it's the one used for New SMS and New IM as well as many many many other buttons throughout the OS. That's the button I want to change. I want it darkened - almost black - so I've been using the GIMP as well as WinSCP to edit and replace. Every other theme element changes upon cycling the themes but this one refuses to change. Can anyone tell me exactly what the image is called?
Can you upload the theme? so i can help you.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Have a look here

This describes (very comprehensively) how to make a theme.

This way it's much easier to get a consistent look than by replacing every individual image for the theme.

Also, once available in the repos, everyone else can download and use it too if they so choose.

Be warned, it's highly addictive!

well i love the NSeries theme as well as black plastic dark blue/pleego, but there's only a few elements i wanna change. no need to upload, just load up your NSeries theme, go to conversations, i want to change the New SMS and New IM; i need to know the name of that element, cause i've changed just about every image that it could be and still get nothing. i've sent a message to D-Livil regarding the issue.

also, i've tried for 4 and a half hours, cant ge scratchbox to work on my linux system, i'd rather just change a few images via ssh. I tried MADDE too, but putting all my images in one source file is crazy tough. Not a big fan.

Last edited by mattbutsko; 2010-11-05 at 00:49.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Changing thumb button graphics usually requires reboot to get them refreshed.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Tried it multiple times. No luck. I believe the resources I'm trying to change are ButtonGroupHorizontal[Side]Normal, left middle and right. They don't change in either reboot or theme cycle.