Active Topics

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Stanford University
Hi everyone,

I'm one of the developers of the FCam camera API, which we just published for the N900. The API is a joint project between Stanford University and Nokia Research Center Palo Alto. It gives you precise low-level control over the N900's camera subsystem, including RAW capture, full control over all camera parameters, and so on.

We've released a demo app called FCamera that shows off a few of these things, including an HDR viewfinder mode, auto-HDR burst capture, and lucky imaging. And it saves RAW images in the DNG format. It's up in extras-testing.

FCam is a C++ API, and works pretty well with QT (although it has no dependencies on Qt - it works just fine standalone). It depends on fcam-drivers, which are updated camera kernel modules. The development package, fcam-dev, is also available, although you might just want to download that from the project page below.

The FCam webpage
FCam garage project page
Stanford PR

If you give it a try, please submit bugs to our project bug tracker at the Maemo garage page!

The Following 85 Users Say Thank You to ETalvala For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Now this sounds awesome, I really waited for a application to tweak the camera of the N900. Especially a possibility to save RAW images is a useful option to get the best quality of the mobile phone pictures and edit them lossless afterwards.

I will try it once a quite stable version released.

I have a small request:

Is it possible to merge all the current FCam demonstrations (i.e. HDR and LowLight) under the same FCamera app? This way, one will not have to close/open different apps, and they can share all the controls.

How can i use Rephotgraphy thing?
details about it posted here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...480#post760480

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by dana.s View Post
How can i use Rephotgraphy thing?
details about it posted here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...480#post760480
I don't think that's been implemented in any of the programs they've released so far. I suspect there's quite a few things still being worked on, so I'd expect more apps to come out before too long.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Ploiesti, Romania
brilliant!
keep on going!
thank you!

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Hong Kong
What is the license of the project? I saw both of BSD and GPL in the garage page?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
FCamera is a demo app?

It's one of the most awesome apps I've seen in a while

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by fms View Post
I have a small request:

Is it possible to merge all the current FCam demonstrations (i.e. HDR and LowLight) under the same FCamera app? This way, one will not have to close/open different apps, and they can share all the controls.
Well it is open-source so it might happen. Though i think those programs are "just" showcase demos and will probably stay standalone. To show what it can do.

Edit: By the way.. Titans seams to have found a way to get fcam and the enhanced kernel to coexist.

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
This version is compatible with Titans Power kernel

http://n900.tannerlab.com/kernel/fca....5-1_armel.deb

Thanks to titan.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chrome For This Useful Post: