Active Topics

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
It's in CSSU-Dev which I don't use either (I use CSSU-Thumb). So what I've done is, temporarily add CSSU-Dev repo to Fapman, tap Upgrade applications, select everything with certman in the name and 0.2.3 in the version number, ignore everything else, run the update, remove CSSU-Dev from repos, close, reboot. It might or might not be the recommended way but it worked fine for me.

I don't know about Marble (I tried it once but could not get my head around its UI), but e.g. modRana works and does not time out like Nokia Maps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
It's in CSSU-Dev which I don't use
CSSU-Devel is only a repo to pull development updates. It should definitely not be used as a day to day update repo. The correct way to use CSSU-Devel is enable repo "apt-get foopackage" and then disable repo as per CSSU-Devel thread.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84292

peterleinchen explained that the packages are compatible on PR1.3.1.

As usual I have to remind everyone CSSU is highly recommended to fix security issues and bugs.

http://wiki.maemo.org/CSSU

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 110 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bangalore
I will give it a try tonight when i get back home.
But some features/enhancement makes me avoid installing CSSU, like the camera-ui2. Cannot remove just the camera-ui without removing CSSU.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sandeep For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
You do not need to install CSSU!
Just install all maemo-certman stuff.

And what about reading the post just before your first one in this thread? It is for 'advanced' users (and might be destroying, so do not ask for 'where do I have to enter that code' or 'cannot find file blabla*'

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-09-25 at 13:36. Reason: vkb typo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
CSSU-Devel is only a repo to pull development updates.
...which is why I don't use it on a daily basis. But what can I do if a crucial patch with a known content is released only in CSSU-Devel, with no indication of a plan to ever release it anywhere else?

Temporary inclusion and selective upgrade, here I come!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post
But some features/enhancement makes me avoid installing CSSU, like the camera-ui2. Cannot remove just the camera-ui without removing CSSU.
You can. Just install CSSU-Stable, not CSSU-Testing and not CSSU-Thumb. I'm using CSSU-Stable on my daily device and can tell you it doesn't replace any stock components (well, maybe some are rewritten to be open source, but you cannot spot the difference as a user), it's meant to keep feature parity and 100% compatibility with PR1.3. CSSU-Testing, however, is a bit more adventerous and installs stuff like camera-ui2.

By the way (I'm asking here, as I know freemangordon and pali visit this thread sometimes), is this fix going to propagate from devel to testing and stable anytime soon? And, as far as I remember someone (afaik freemangordon? but I could be wrong) mentioned that to install the certman fix, one should revert the earlier changes... I did as described in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1370357 (or maybe I used the longer method... But that posts states basically what I did) - do I understand it correctly that I need to readd the faulty deprecated certificate again before installing the package from cssu-devel, otherwise I will cause a nuclear holocaust on my device?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
I added the CSSU-Devel repo, installed all the *certman* updates using Fapman. During installation it was showing it is removing 'mp-fremantle-pr' and upgrading other packages selected. I continued and did reboot. The map started working fine. But not able to get the internet connections. The internet connection pop-up is not showing up and when I try to edit my Mobile Internet Connection in Settings>Internet Connections, the Settings window crashes showing the error "Internal Application Error Settings Closed'

I even tried this command in X-Term, but nothing happened:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.icd_ui /com/nokia/icd_ui com.nokia.icd_ui.show_conn_dlg boolean:false

Thanks

Last edited by Sandeep; 2013-09-27 at 07:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sandeep For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
I added the CSSU-Devel repo, installed all the *certman* updates using Fapman. During installation it was showing it is removing 'mp-fremantle-pr' and upgrading other packages selected...
Well, it should not remove any packages. At least here it did not, but I upgraded these 4 packages using terminal & apt-get.

Are you sure you installed only these 4 certman packages?

The Following User Says Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
Well, it should not remove any packages. At least here it did not, but I upgraded these 4 packages using terminal & apt-get.

Are you sure you installed only these 4 certman packages?
I think so, yes. Anyway I'll retry in the evening as i've taken a backup

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandeep For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
I think so, yes. Anyway I'll retry in the evening as i've taken a backup
Great you have a backup What I can suggest is: try it one more time, but note which packages exactly it wants to upgrade and which it wants to remove, answer "no" and post the lists here along with the exact command you were running, so we'll be able to help you and tell you whether it looks ok or something's broken

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:

Tags
a-gps, nokia n900