Active Topics

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi.
Continuing withmy tests, I found that meeprey works better when executed as user.
I have tried to setup /etc/init/apps/preyd.conf to do it (using aegis-exec -c -u user .....) but it always runs as nobody.
Searching the internet I found that a manifest file must be used when compiling.... Is there a workaround for this?

Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
Hi.
Well, I finally found an answer to my question:
http:// 213.128.137.28/showthread.php?t=89920
Regards.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by zaidk9 View Post
BTW any dev taking this awesome project?
It would be great if someone can change the entry post and add a url of the project sources.

The Following User Says Thank You to gdelca5 For This Useful Post:
Hi.
Sure! It would be even better if someone can compile preyd so that it is aegis-compatible. All the other files are bash and python scripts....
Regards.

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ India
Project sources are now available in github. Feel free to hack on it. Had plans to port it completely to python (with possible change in LICENSE), but lack of involvement/interest of others made me lose interest. Gradually other activities made me busy.

some comments:
it should be possible to manually run preyd as user from the command line. the downside is, it has to be started on every reboot. The decision to run preyd as root, was made on the premise that root has absolute permission on linux systems. But unfortunately it seems that harmattan somehow manages to adulterate it through aegis

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to student4life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2014 @ Poland
I'm getting "client outdated" error when trying to get my n9's location on prey website. Did they change something or am i doing it wrong?

The Following User Says Thank You to frtachi For This Useful Post: